Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-3
Dated May 26, 2016
Subject: Rotational transfer of CSS officers of Deputy Secretary grade and above during the year 2016 – regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to the revised Rotational Transfer Policy (RTP) published in the website of this Department vide OM No. 21/2/2009-CS.I(P) dated 16.07.2015. In terms of the revised RTP, Deputy Secretaries/ Directors/ Joint Secretaries (in-situ) who have completed 5 years or more in the same Ministry/Department are eligible for transfer. The officers serving in certain Ministries/Departments have a reduced tenure by one year prescribed for the grade.
2. Accordingly, a tentative list of Deputy Secretaries/ Directors/ Joint Secretaries (in-situ) who will be completing the prescribed tenure as on 01.07.2016 has been prepared and enclosed herewith (Annexure). The list includes 22 officers. The number of officers due for rotational transfer in Group ‘A’ (considering Cabinet Secretariat in group ‘A’) and group ‘B’ are equal.
3. The list at Annexure does not include officers within two years of superannuation as on 01.07.2016.
4. In terms of provisions contained in DOPT’s OM dated 16.07.2015 which, interalia, provides that officers serving in PMO and Cabinet Secretariat are exempted under RTP. Cabinet Secretariat is, hereby informed that the officers as indicated in the list are matured for transfer. Therefore, a decision on retention of such officers, keeping in view the willingness of the concerned officers, may please be intimated to this Department.
5. The officers concerned should also ensure that their data is complete in all respects in the web based cadre management system at www.cscms.nic.in. If the data is not complete, it may please be first got updated in the system.
6. Ministries/ Departments and officers concerned may check the information in the Annexure and bring to the notice of this Department if there is any discrepancy in the list by 06.06.2016. Ministries/ Departments are also requested to bring to the notice of this Department the names of Deputy Secretary/ Director/ Joint Secretary (in-situ) grade officers, who have completed the prescribed tenure but have been left out in the proposed list of rotational transfer.
7. In case no communication is received by the stipulated date i.e., 06.06.2016, the information as furnished in the list will be considered as final and further steps will be taken accordingly. The officers to be considered for rotational transfer will be finalized after correction of data, if any. Once the list is finalized, options will be sought from the officers concerned before issue of rotational transfer order.
1 All Ministries/Departments
2. All Deputy Secretaries! Directors! Joint Secretaries JS(in-situ) of CSS
3. Cabinet Secretariat, Rashtrpati Shavan, New Delhi