Revised/Increased Monetary ceiling of briefcase/ladies purses for official purposes: Department of Posts Order
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATION AND IT
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
DAK BHAWAN, SANSAD MARG, NEW DELHI – 110 001
THE 16th April, 2015
ALL HEAPS OF CIRCLES,
ALL GM (PAF)/DAS (P),
ALL DIRECTORS POSTAL STAFF COLLEGE INDIA/PTCs.
Sub: Monetary ceiling of briefcase/ladles purses for official purposes – reg.
I am directed to say that considering the suggestions of circle offices regarding issue related to increase/revise the monetary ceiling of financial limits of expenditure/reimbursement of expenditure on purchase of brlef-cases/ ladies purses for official purpose by the eligible/entitled officers, it has been decided by the competent authority to increase/revise the financial limits for reimbursement as under:-
Sl.No. Rank of Officer/Grade Pay Upper cost of ceiling Periodicity
1. Chief Postmaster General Rs. 8,000/- 3 years
2. Regional Postmaster General Rs. 6,500/- 3 years
3. Directors Postal Services and equivalent Rs. 5,000/- 3 years
4. Sr. Superintendent/Superintendent and equivalent Rs. 4,000/- 3 years
5. IPs/ASPs and equivalent Rs. 3,500/- 3 years
3. This is subject to the following term and conditions:-
The entitled officers/officials are free to procure briefcases/Iadies purses of their own choice from any of the private/public outlet. However, reimbursement shall be restricted to the above mentioned ceiling concomitant with the respective level/grade pay of officers/officials.
The periodicity of such briefcases/ladies purses should not exceed for 3 years’ time in any case.
The declaration should be obtained from the eligible/entitled officer at the time of reimbursement that no Brief Case/Ladies Purse has been supplied/reimbursed to him/her within the last three years.
The above ceiling is effective from the date of Issue of this order.
4. The expenditure in this connection will be met by the Circle/Region/Divlsion and Unit concerned.
5. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
(Maj. S. N. Dave)
Assistant Director General (Estt.)