F.No. 55/03/2022- P&PW(C)/E-7718
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3th Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
April 28, 2022
Subject: Streamlining of the procedure for payment of monetary allowance attached to Gallantry award/Police Medal to the retired personnel of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Gallantry Allowance attached with Asadharan Suraksha Seva Praman Patra (ASSPP) to the retired officers of Cabinet Secretariat.
The undersigned is directed to say that, at present. monetary allowances attached to Gallantry Awards/Police Medals are disbursed to the retired personnel of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) in accordance with the orders issued by Ministry of Home Affairs. Gallantry Allowance of Rs.6000/- per month is disbursed to the awardees of Asadharan Suraksha Seva Praman Patra (ASSPP) under Cabinet Secretariat in recognition for their significant operational contribution, in accordance with the orders issued by the Cabinet Secretariat. This award is equivalent to the President’s Police Medal for Gallantry. The Gallantry Allowance is payable to the awardee till his life and, on his death, to his/her spouse.
2. Ministry of Home Affairs and Cabinet Secretariat have intimated that the awardees of the Gallantry Allowance have been facing certain difficulties in claiming and receiving the amount of allowance under the present system. With a view to streamline the procedure for payment of monetary allowance attached to Gallantry awards/police Medal to the retired personnel of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Gallantry Allowance to the officers of Cabinet Secretariat who are awarded Asadharan Suraksha Seva Praman Patra (ASSPP), Ministry of Home Affairs, Cabinet Secretariat and office of Controller General of Accounts have recommended that these allowances may be disbursed to the concerned retired personnel and their families along with their monthly pension/family pension in the same manner as in the case of Fixed Medical Allowance payable to the pensioners/family pensioners.
Monetary Allowance for Widows of Gallantry Awards Recipients
3. It has, accordingly, been decided that payment of monetary allowances to the recipients of aforesaid Gallantry Awards under Ministry of Home Affairs and Cabinet Secretariat may be made along with their monthly pension or family pension, as the case may be. In the case of existing pensioners/family pensioners in receipt of monetary allowance attached to the Gallantry Award, the respective pension sanctioning authorities will issue an amendment to the Pension Payment Order for authorisation of payment of the said allowance, by following the usual procedure and send the same to the Pension Disbursing Authorities without waiting for any application/request from pensioner/family pensioner. In the case of future retirees, the case for grant of the monetary allowance will be processed along with the pension case and an entry regarding entitlement of the allowance will be made in the Pension Payment Order. Office of Controller General of Accounts (CGA) shall make necessary changes in the format of the Pension Payment Order accordingly.
4. Department of Pension & Pensioners’ welfare will make required functionalities in ‘Bhavishya’ (the Online Pension Sanction & Tracking System) to capture the details of Gallantry awardees for online transmission to Pension Module of PFMS for generating the PPO/e-PPO accordingly. The Pension Disbursement Authority shall make the payment of the allowances attached with the Gallantry Awards along with monthly pension based on the authorisation in the Pension Payment Order.
5. The payment of the allowances attached with the above-mentioned Gallantry Awards shall be debited to the head “Pensions & other Retirement Benefits”.
6. There will be no change in the other terms and conditions for payment of monetary allowances attached to Gallantry Awards/Police Medals to the retired personnel of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and the Gallantry Allowance to the awardees of Asadharan Suraksha Seva Praman Patra (ASSPP) under Cabinet Secretariat and the same will continue to be regulated in accordance with the orders issued by Ministry of Home Affairs and the Cabinet Secretariat, respectively from time to time.
7. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(Sanjiv Narain Mathur)
Joint Secretary to the Government of India