Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001.
Dated: 12, June, 2017
1. All CPMsG
2. All PMsG
3. Director, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National postal Academy,
4. All Directors, PTC
5. All Directors, Postal Accounts
6. Controller, Foreign Mails, Mumbai
7. Heads of all other Administrative Offices.
Subject: Leave Entitlement of Casual Labourers with temporary status.
Department of Posts had circulated a Scheme viz. Casual Labourers (Grant of Temporary Status and Regularization) Scheme vide Directorate’s letter 45-95/87-SPB-I dated 12.04.1991 which has been amended from time to time.
2. The Directorate has received several representations regarding encashment of accumulated leaves to Casual Labourers with Temporary Status covered under the said Scheme. In this regard, following clarifications are hereby issued in line with DOPT’s Scheme circulated vide its OM No. 51016/2/90 Estt. (C) dated 10.09.1993 and OM No.49014/3/2007-Estt(C) dated 18.10.2007
c) Leave entitlement will be on a pro-rata basis at the rate of one day for every 10 days of work, casual or any other kind of leave, except maternity leave will not be admissible. They will also be allowed to carry forward the leave at their credit on their regularization. They will not be entitled to the benefits of encashment of leave on termination of service for any reason or on their quitting service.
d) The limit on accumulation of total number of leave will be 300 days as in the case of regular Government employees. In other words, Casual Labourers with Temporary Status can accumulate leave up to a maximum of 300 days only.
(Satya Narayana Dash)
Assistant Director General (SPN)