Important issues and long-awaited genuine demands confront railway workers.
Railwaymen Pending Demands
Despite our repeated persuasions of the Railway Board, the following important issues concerning railwaymen are still burning in Rail Bhawan, causing significant unrest and discontent among the railwaymen.
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
4, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055, India
Dated: April 5, 2021
Sub: Non-redressal of long pending genuine demands of the Railwaymen
The following important issues related to the Railwaymen are hanging fire in Rail Bhawan despite our repeated persuasions with Railway Board, resulting in serious unrest and discontentment amongst the Railwaymen:-
- Promotion of the staff working in GP Rs.1800 to GP Rs.1900.
- Promotion of the staff working in GP Rs.4600 to GP Rs.4800.
- Regularisation of Course Completed Act Apprentices in Railways.
- Curtailing 10% posts from D.R. Quota – LDCE “Open to All”.
- Payment of Night Duty Allowance to all the Railwaymen performing Night Duty without any pay ceiling.
- Implementation of accepted recommendations of 7th CPC in case of S.S.O.(A/Cs), CMT Cadre under Mech. Deptt., O.T. Asstt. of Medical Deptt., Lab. Supdt. of Medical Deptt.
- Career Progression of Pointsman (they should be granted a four-grade structure as has been done in the case of Track Maintainers Category with other associated benefits) in consultation with Organised Labour.
- Upgradation of posts of S&T Cadre.
- Covid-19 – Removal of the ceiling of maximum 30 days Special Casual Leave and restoration of Quarantine Leave in Indian Railway Establishment Code Vol. I for Railway Staff.
- Validation of Privilege / Post Retirement Complimentary Passes / PTOs in Festival / Special Trains
- Payment of ALK (HQ) to Running Staff during lockdown period.
- Implementation of SALUTE in consultation with Organised Labour.
- Withdrawal of closure decision of five Railway Printing Presses.
- Absorption of Quasi-Administrative Staff in Railways.
It would be highly appreciable if a Fast Track Mechanism is evolved for early redressal of aforementioned important issues of the Railwaymen.
sd / –
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)