Daily attendance is being sought by DoPT telaphonically, officers are requested to convey attendance by 11 am
Government of India / Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Labour/ Shram Mantralaya
Shram Shakti Bhawan, Rafi Marg,
New Delhi, Dated 4 May, 2020
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID 19.
The undersigned is directed to say that MHA vide its Order No. 40-312020-DM-I(A) dated 01.05.2020 has extended the period of lockdown for a further period of two weeks with effect from 04.05.2020 and issued new guidelines on the measures to be taken by Ministries / Department of Government of India, States / UT Governments and State / UT authorities for containment of COVID-19 in the country. These revised guidelines will come into force with effect from 04.05.2020. In the light of the instructions contained in the said orders, the following instructions are issued w.e.f. 04.05.2020 till 17.05.2020 :-
- Deputy Secretary and above levels shall attend office with 100% attendance during normal office hours i.e. 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM.
- Latest DoPT order – Maintain 33 percent of employees attendance, roaster & work from home – Central Govt Employees
- The personal staff of Deputy Secretary and above levels officers, viz Sr. PPS, PPS, PS, Steno Grade D. Consultant and MTS shall also attend the office during normal office hours i.e. 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM. The concerned reporting officers may rotate duties of their personal staff as per their requirements in the tight of the guidelines.
- Remaining officers / staff upto thirty three percent (33%) are required to attend office every day from 04.05.2020 till 17.05.2020 during normal office hours i.e.9.00 AM to 5.30 PM.
- The roster issued vide OM of even number dated 16 April 2020 shall apply for the extended lockdown period of 04 – 17 May 2020,i.e. officials listed to attend office during the week of 20-24 April 2020 shall attend office in the week of 4-8 May 2020 and those who listed to attend office during the week of 27 April to 1 May 2020 shall attend office during the week of 11-17 May 2020.
- However. concerned Bureau Heads/ Divisional Heads may change the roster as per work exigencies within the 33% limitation as mentioned at point (III) above. Divisional heads will also monitor the attendance and punctuality of their respective officers / staff. The officers residing in containment zones may be exempted.
- The officials posted in the O/o Hon’ble MoS (IC) (L&E) would seek instructions from PS to Minister.
- All officers / officials must leave their contact numbers (mobile as well as landline) with their controlling officers and they should be available for being called to office at short notice, as per exigency.
- All the officers/officials attending office are to follow Govt. guidelines on COVID-19 particularly with regard to maintaining social distance.
- All Attached /Subordinate / Autonomous offices may issue similar instructions in accordance with the guidelines issued by MHA.
2. Since daily attendance is being sought by DoPT telaphonically, all Divisional Heads/ personal staff of officers are requested to convey attendance in respect of Sections / offices to US/ SO (Admn.I) by 11 am, so that consolidated attendance could be conveyed to DoPT by 12 noon.
Under Secretary to the Government of India