Constitution of a Committee to review the Long Term Contracting (LTC)
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi,dated 09.08.2016
Reference Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)’s letter No.2010/RS(G)/779/9 dated 08.1.2016 regarding implementation of the policy of long term contracting on Indian Railways.
2. Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) have decided to constitute a Committee to review the aforesaid policy of Log Term Contracting (LTC) on Indian Railways. The Committee will consist of the following:-
(i) Exe. Director/RS(S), Railway Board …. Convenor
(ii) Exe. Director/ME(W), Railway Board….. Member
(iii) Exe. Director/EE(RS), Railway Board….. Member
(iv) Exe. Director/Finance(S), Railway Board….. Member
3. The Terms of reference of the Committee will be as under:-
“To review the policy of Log Term Contracting (LTC) to make it more implementable over a wide number of items to bring the real benefit of improvements in quality, cost, economy and superior compliance.”
4. The Committee should submit its report by the End of August, 2016.
5. The Headquarters of the Committee will be at New Delhi.
6. RS(G) Branch of Railway ‘Board will be the Nodal Branch for functioning of the Committee. ‘Therefore, all related works/issues including ParI. Questions, RTI cases, their execution and other formalities should be dealt with by the Nodal Branch,
7. The Convenor and Members of the Committee will draw TA/DA as per extant Rules
Deputy Secretary (Estt)