AIRF publishes outcome of meeting held with the Chairman, Railway Board
AIRF publishes outcome of meeting held with the Chairman, Railway Board on 23.08.2013 to discuss the grievances of the railwaymen…
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
Dated: August 23, 2013
The General Secretaries,
All Affiliated Unions,
Sub: Feedback on the meeting held with the Chairman, Railway Board on 23.08.2013 to discuss the grievances of the railwaymen
On being called by the Chairman, Railway Board, today, i.e. 23.08.2013, to discuss the grievances of the Railwaymen, Com. Umraomal Purohit, President AIRF, Com. Rakhal Das Gupta, Working President AIRF and myself, met the Chairman Railway Board, wherein Member Staff, Financial Commissioner, Adviser (Finance), ED(IR) and Director, Estt.(LR), Railway Board, were present. In the meeting, the following decisions were arrived :-
||Demand of AIRF
||Decision Arrived in the Meeting
||Benefit of Pay Fixation in case of status promotion
||Ministry of Finance has already cleared the file.
- Regularization of railway accommodation in favour of wards of railway employees employed under LARSGESS.
- Dispensation of PET and Written Test for the purpose of recruitment under LARSGESS.
- Implementation of LARSGESS in case of staff working in Electrical(Power), Bridge, TMC and TRD Departments.
- The issues related to 2010 optees and those who have failed earlier in the PET/Written Test.
- Implementation of LARSGESS in case of staff working in GP Rs.1900.
- 2nd chance for passing Psycho Test in case of ALP
- Agreed to.
- Orders have already been issued by the Railway Board.
- Under process.
- The matter is under examination and the same will be expedited.
- The condition of Qualifying Service etc. shall be at par with those in GP Rs.1800, i.e. 20 years’ Qualifying Service and age between 55-57 years. Recruitment will be held at the Divisional level, except Loco Pilots.
- In case of recruitment of Asstt. Loco Pilot under LARSGESS, 2nd chance for passing Psycho Test will also be given.
||Implementation of recommendations of the Cade Restructuring Committee
||The matter will be sorted out shortly.
||Implementation of unanimous recommendations of the Joint Committee constituted to study the Career Progression and Package for Trackmen.
||The matter will be discussed separately.
||Upgradation of 15% apex level Group `C’ posts to Group `B’.
||The matter is under process.
||Grievances of the Running Staff
- One increment on status promotion.
- Other issues related to Running Staff, such as granting of Running Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2006 duly improving ALK, reduction in Duty Hours, Provision of Additional Allowance to Running Staff working in Goods Trains and also to Traffic Running Staff working as Goods Guards and Passenger Guards.
- Improvement in the condition of Running Rooms etc.
- Ministry of Finance has cleared the proposal of the Ministry of Railways for granting one increment on promotion.
- The matter was discussed at length, and the Board had agreed for having serious discussion on the subject separately.
- There will be a committee at the apex level also.
||Merger of Technician Gr. II(GP Rs.2400) into Technician Gr. I (GP Rs.2800).
||Letter shall be sent from the MR to the concerned ministry and the MS will personally pursue the matter.
||Absorption of quasi-administrative offices staff in the Railways.
||It was agreed that some solution will be found out.
It was also agreed that various other issues will be discussed after taking the views of the AIRF.
(Shiv Gopal Mishra)