50% Attendance of Central Government Employees – DoPT orders on Covid-19
Covid-19 DoPT attendance circular: Latest DoPT orders on covid-19 that all central government employees be in attendance at least 50% with roster duty.
Covid-19 DoPT attendance circular
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 19th April 2021
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Attendance of Central Government officials – regarding
In view of the unprecedented rise in the numbers of Covid-19 cases, and to take measures to prevent its spread, the following instructions/ guidelines are issued for strict compliance by all Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Central Government :
- Physical attendance of the officers of the level of Under Secretary or equivalent and below to be restricted to 50% of the actual strength. Secretary/ HOD may regulate the attendance of officials and may, on administrative grounds, direct more officials to attend office. A roster may be prepared accordingly.
- All officers of the level of Deputy Secretary, equivalent and above are to attend office on regular basis.
- The officers / staff shall follow staggered timings, to avoid over-crowding in offices, as indicated below:
- 9.00 A.M. to 5.30. P.M.
- 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM
- 10.00 A.M. to 6.30 P.M.
- All officials who do not attend office on a particular day are to make themselves available on Telephone and other electronic means of communication at all times from their residence and work from home.
- All officials residing in containment zones shall continue to be exempted from coming to office till the containment zone is de-notified.
- Persons with Disabilities and Pregnant women employees may be exempted from attending office, but they shall continue to work from home, until further orders.
- All officials who attend office shall strictly follow Covid-appropriate behavior including wearing of a mask, physical distancing, use of sanitizer, and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
- Crowding in lifts, staircases, corridors, common areas including refreshment kiosk and parking areas is to be strictly avoided.
- Meetings, as far as possible, to be conducted through video-conferencing.
- Entry of outsiders /visitors to be curtailed appropriately.
- In compliance with OM of even number dated 6.4.2021, all employees of the age of 45 years and above are advised to get themselves vaccinated.
- Proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of workplace, particularly of the frequently touched surfaces may be ensured.
2. All Ministries/ Departments / Offices as well as the Central Government employees are to ensure strict compliance of instructions on Covid-appropriate behavior issued by MHA, MoH&FW and DoP&T from time to time. Biometric attendance shall continue to be suspended and physical attendance registers to be maintained until further orders.
3. The above instructions / guidelines shall come into effect immediately and will remain in force until 30.04.2021 or further orders, whichever is earlier.
Additional Secretary to Govt. of India