Welfare of Ex-Servicemen
State-wise details of ex-servicemen (ESM) in the country as on 31.12.2015 is as under:
Details of schemes being implemented for welfare, rehabilitation and resettlement of ESM is as under:
- 24 Weeks Management Courses at IIMs and other reputed B-Schools
- Modular management courses like Project Finance, Academic Institutions, Supply Chain, Retail, Six Sigma, Seafaring etc.
- Newly introduced courses for 2015-16 like Strategic Retail Management, Human Resource Management(HRM), Facility, Transition, Export and Import, Event Management etc, Corporate Social Responsibility and Jet Transition.
- Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs)/Other (OR) and Equivalents’ Training at Institutes:
- Security, Fire & Industrial Safety, Computer & Information Technology including ‘O’ Level, Hospitality, Tourism, Agriculture based, Business Management, Modular Management, Vocational & Technical, Medical & Healthcare, Library & Information Science, Legal Assistant etc
- Newly introduced courses for 2015-16 like Logistics & Transport Management, Retailing & Showroom, Corporate Office, Material Management, Marine Engineering etc.
- Courses at Regimental Centres:
- At least two courses are planned every month at all the Regimental Centres to provide variety of courses to the retirees on pension drill.
Reservation in Government Jobs: The Central Government has provided for the following reservation for ESM for vacancies in the posts to be filled by direct recruitment:-
- 10% in Group ‘C’ posts and 20% in Group ‘D’ posts. In addition 4.5% reservation in each category is meant for Disabled Soldiers and Widows/ Dependents.
- 14.5% in Group ‘C’ and 24.5% Group ‘D’ posts in Public Sector Undertakings and Nationalized Banks.
- 10% posts upto Assistant Commandants in Paramilitary Forces.
- 100 % in Defence Security Corps.
Placement Assistance through DGR: Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) sponsors Ex-Servicemen (Officers) to various Government organizations, Public Sector Undertakings, Corporate Houses, Private Sector, Central Para Military Forces etc based on their requisition for re-employment of ESM. The DGR sponsored ESM are re-employed by the requisitioning agencies after due process of selection by them.
DGR sponsored security schemes:
SCHEMES OF SELF EMPLOYMENT
Schemes for Officers only:
- ESM Coal Loading and Transportation Scheme.
- Allotment of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited /Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Company Owned Company Operated Outlets PAN India.
- Management of CNG Station by Ex-Servicemen (O) in National Capital Region.
Schemes for all:
- Coal Tipper Attachment Scheme.
- Allotment of Army Surplus Vehicles
- Allotment of Regular LPG Distributorship Scheme under ‘Government Personnel’ Category
- Allotment of Oil Product Agencies Under 8 % Defence Quota
- Allotment of LPG Agency Under Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitran Yojna.
Schemes for JCOs/OR Only:
- Allotment of Mother Dairy Milk Booths and Fruit & Vegetable (SAFAL) Shops in NCR.
- Allotment of Milk Shops of Gopaljee Dairy Pvt. Ltd. in Delhi/Noida.
- Allotment of KIOSKS/Retail outlet of Gopaljee Farm Fresh in Faridabad/NCR.
DETAILS OF BENEFITS GIVEN TO ESM AND THEIR FAMILIES IN THE COUNTRY
- Financial assistance for treatment of identified serious diseases
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
- Financial support to institutions involved in rehabilitation of ESM
- Modified Scooter Grant
- Tool Kit of Ex-Servicemen Technicians
- Benefits given from Armed Forces Flag Day
Steps being taken to provide better opportunities to ESM are as under :-
- dissemination of information on Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) website regarding Open Competitive Examination for various posts, dates and syllabus etc.
- signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) to conduct job fairs by Corporate Sectors to provide additional employment opportunities to ESM.
- hosting of job portal by DGR wherein ESM can upload their Bio-data and corporate/other sectors can approach them and pick as per their requirement.
- organizing ESM Job Fairs Pan India to provide an interface between Corporate & ESM.
- regular interaction with corporate houses to generate employment opportunities to ESM.
- Provision of opportunities to ESM through the corporate bodies like TATA Motors, AMAZON.com etc.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply to Shri Rajeshbhai Chudasama in Lok Sabha today.