Joint letter of AIRF and NFIR: Scrapping of NPS, Upgradation of Post from Gp C to Gp B, Stepping of Pay of Loco Inspector etc: AIRF & NFIR writes to Member Staff, Railway Board for Joint Meeting.
No. II/NFIR/95/Part VII
Shri Pradeep Kumar
Sub: Joint letter of AIRF and NFIR -reg.
The Federations seriously disappointed over non-finalisation of issues in spite of discussion held at lower level on a number of occasions. Even he agreed issues in the full Board Meeting held on 7th February 2014, have not been implemented (eg stepping up of pay of Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01/01/2006 and upgradation of Apex level Group ‘C’ posts to Group ‘B’ Gazetted- 3335 posts).
While conveying unhappiness over procrastination of matters, we list below the issues which are needed to be settled at the earliest. Incidentally, it is mentioned that a few issues agreed to during
discussions in the Fast Track Committee Meetings are yet to be complied with:-
- Induction of Course Completed Act Apprentices against erstwhile Group ‘D’ vacancies in Safety and other categories.
- Exemption of Railways from New Pension Scheme – Hon‘ble Minister for Railways sent proposal to Finance Minister on 29’h March 2014 and thereafter the Railway Board has sent reminder to the MoF,
- Absorption of Quasi-Administrative Units staff against erstwhile Group ‘D‘ vacancies Railway Board have arbitrarily cancelled the policy decision issued in 1973 and 1977, Since then the Federations have been pressing for restoration of policy. The subject has been dealt with in the DC/NCM meeting also vide item No. 27/2006 & 12/2012. Also the subject was discussed in the meeting held by the Full Board on 7th Feb. 2014. Unfortunately. there has been no satisfactory finalisation of this item.
- Upgradation of Apex level Group ‘C‘ posts to Group ‘B‘ Gazetted (3335 posts) – implementation of agreement dated 7th Feb 2014 is yet to be ensured.
- Stepping up of pay of Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01/01/2006. Although agreed in the Full Board meeting. the decision has not been implemented yet.
- Though instructions have been issued by the Railway Board for inclusion of a few additional categories of safety categories of staff in GP 1800 under LARSGESS vide Railway Board‘s letter No. E(P&A)I-2010/RT-2 dated 24/03/2014, but unwarranted conditions like “working on tracks” have been shown even though these staff by virtue of working conditions perform Safety job.
- Federations. therefore. urge upon the Member Staff to kindly fix Joint meeting at the earliest for frank discussions.
(Dr. M. Raghavaia)
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)