Rotational Transfer of CSS officers of DS Grade and above – Furnishing of personal information thereof.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi -110003
Dated the 27th March, 2015.
Subject: Rotational transfer of CSS officers of DS Grade and above. – Furnishing of personal information thereof.
The undersigned is directed to say that this Department has proposed a revised rotational transfer policy in respect of CSS Officers. It has been decided to carry out rotational transfers of CSS officers of the DS Grade and above on the basis of a proposed revised rotational transfer policy, on the following parameters:
(i) Ministries/Departments are categorized into Group A and Group 8 for posting/transfer;
(ii) The proposed RTP provides a tenure of five years for DS/Director in a Ministry/Department, including continuous tenure rendered in any other designation in the same Ministry/ Department;
(iii) In Group A, certain Ministries qualify for a reduced tenure by one year;
(iv) An officer on transfer shall ordinarily be posted from Group A-> Group B and Group B-> Group A, if they have completed the prescribed tenure. However, the officers presently posted in Group ‘A’ Ministries/Departments may opt for posting in the same Group. In that case on posting to a Ministry/Department in Group ‘A’ the tenure will be counted afresh. However, this option will not be available to officers currently posted in Group ‘B’ to remain in Group ‘B’.
(v) An officer who is to be transferred out from the current Ministry/Department on completion of prescribed tenure may also be allowed option for posting in a Ministry Department where he earlier served subject to the condition that there is a gap of period which is equal to tenure prescribed for the post.
(vi) Officers who are within two years of superannuation will be exempted from rotationaI transfers.
(vii) For calculation of residency in a Ministryl Department, the cutoff date has been taken as 31.03.2015.
(viii) The Placement Committee will decide posting of officers on the basis of preference, past postings etc.
3. Groupwise distribution of Ministries/Departments is at Annex.I.The list of brief details of officers who are likely to be considered for rotational transfer is at Annexure-II. Information relating to slots is at Annexure-III.
4. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to verify the list of officers (Annex.II) and any addition or deletion if required, may kindly be brought to the notice of this Department with out any delay.
5. The officers listed at Annex. II are requested to exercise their options for posting in the Ministries/ Departments in the other Group or as the case may be as per proposed revised RTP latest by 1.04.2015 in the format at Annexure-IV to Under Secretary, CS-I (D), Department of Personnel and Training through e-mail (email@example.com) or through fax number given below. Hard copies of the same may also be furnished immediately. Maximum three choices wit in the available slots may be exercised. If option is not received by 01.04.2015, it will be presumed that the officer has no specific choice and posting will be decided by the Placement Committee accordingly.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
1. All Ministries/Departments
2. Officers Listed at Annex. II