Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners for the ranks of Commissioned officer: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance tables
Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions), Allahabad
Circular No. 32
|1. O/o the PCDA(O)
|2. The PCDA( Navy)
No. 1 Cooperage Road,
|3. The Jt. CDA (AF)
Delhi Cantt. 110010
|4. Naval Pension Office
Sion Trombay Road
|5. Naval Pay Office
Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg
|6. Air Force Central Accounts Office
Delhi Cantt. 110010
Subject:- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners for the ranks of Commissioned officer: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance tables-regarding.
Reference:-(i) This office letter No.G-1/M/01/ICOs/7th CPC/Vol-II dated 29.09.2017 addressed to PCDA(O) Pune.
(ii) This office letter No. G-1/M/01/ICOs/7th CPC/Vol-III dated 30.11.2017 addressed to Naval Pension office and Air Force Central Accounts office amongst other
(iii) GoI, MoD letter No. 17(1)/2017(02)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 17.10.2018.
1. Please refer to this office letters cited above issued for revision of pension/ family pension in respect of pre-01.01.2016 retired/discharged/invalided out/died Armed Forces officers. Consequent upon issuance of the concordance table vide GoI, MoD letter No. 17(1)/2017(02)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 17.10.2018, revision of pension under notional pay fixation method is to be carried out by the PSAs concerned by issuing Corr. PPO.
2. These concordance tables have been prepared to facilitate fixation of notional pay of Pre‐2016 pensioners/ family pensioners by the PCDA(O) Pune/ NPO, Mumbai / AFCAO New Delhi in case of commissioned officers of Army / Navy /Air Force respectively. Due care has been taken to prepare these concordance tables based on the fitment tables for fixation of pay from 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th, 5th to 6th and 6th to 7th Pay Commission. In case of any inconsistency in the concordance tables vis‐a‐vis the relevant rules / instructions, the notional pay and pension/ family pension of pre‐2016 pensioners / family pensioners may be fixed in accordance with the rules / instructions applicable for fixation of pay in the intervening Pay Commission periods.
3. The pension / family pension of pre‐2016 Armed Forces pensioners / family pensioners may be revised using the appropriate concordance table in accordance with the instructions contained in this Ministry’s above quoted letter dated 05/09/2017.
4. To enable PSAs to implement the MOD letter dated 05.09.2017 para‐18 of the ibid letter clearly specifies that it shall be the responsibility of the PCDA(O) Pune/AFCAO New Delhi/ NPO Mumbai in case of Commissioned Officers of Army / Air Force / Navy to initiate cases for revision of pension/ family pension of Pre‐01‐01‐2016 pensioners/ family pensioners with effect from 01.01.2016 in accordance with these orders for issue of revised Pension Payment Order (PPO) for every pensioner / family pensioner. The Pension Sanctioning Authority would impress upon the PCDA(O) Pune / AFCAO New Delhi/ NPO, Mumbai for fixation of pay on notional basis based on extant orders and will issue revised Pension Payment Order at the earliest.
5. Suo-moto Revision:
This office has carried out an analysis to assess number of cases of Pre-16 pensioners where revision is involved. As per Sanction Database, an estimated 52,000 cases of Commissioned Officers requires revision of pension/family pension. To carry out revision through normal conventional method of calling for LPC‐CUM‐Data Sheet with vetting of Pay details by Pay Accounting Office concerned would be time consuming. Therefore, it has been proposed to carry out suo‐moto revision subject to the approval of Ministry of Defence, wherever feasible based on PDA details and Pay details (and other info like Rank and QS) wherever available in master data base and based on notional Pay fixation as per Concordance table for 7th CPC issued vide GOI. MOD letter dated 17/10/2018.
6. Initiation for remaining cases where suo moto is not feasible
In remaining cases where Pay Details (and other related fields like Rank and QS) and current PDA details are not available with this office, in such cases this office will not be able to revise the pension and issue the revised PPO on suo‐moto basis. In these cases, claims / inputs will be required from concerned Record keeping and Pay Accounting office viz. PCDA(O) Pune/ NPO, Mumbai / AFCAO New Delhi in case of commissioned officers of Army / Navy /Air Force respectively to authenticate the pensioner details. Similarly, in case of Post-96 retired Majors and equivalent granted Pay of Lt. Col. and equivalent notional pay in concordance table has not been provided. In such type of cases the notional pay will be fixed by concerned Pay accounts office. Therefore, to carryout effective, paperless and speedy revision, an Utility software has been developed by PCDA(P) office to be hosted on CGDA WAN to make available all the data of Pre‐2016 Commissioned Officers pensioners/family pensioners for access, modification, initiation (if not found available in database of PCDA(P) on search) and for fixation of 7th CPC pay details by respective Pay Accounting Office in line with MOD letter dated 05/09/2017 (Para 18). Due care has been taken to account for all the cases of live pensioners. However still if any case is missing, the same may be initiated through this utility by PAO and forwarded online through utility.
In case of revision of Pre-01.01.2016 Family Pension /Disability cases or fresh initiation, copy of concerned PPO may also to be uploaded by PAO concerned for ready reference while submitting the revision claim through utility provided
7. Paperless Revision and issue of e‐PPO
As the Data can be accessed, initiated, approved and completed through the utility software provided by this office on WAN and controlled through allotted login / password, which is menu based and user friendly. Collection of data will be realized through an interface accessible through CGDA WAN and completed data will be processed by PCDA(P) Allahabad and e‐PPOs will be generated in cases received. The working methodology of utility software and the User Manual is attached for guidance.
8. Issue and Transmission of e‐PPO
The revised corrigendum PPO will be issued by PSAs in e‐PPO mode with new 12 digit PPO No. and 4 digit suffix code alongwith old PPO number. The e‐PPO consisting of .pdf and .xml files will be digitally signed and will be transmitted directly to the PDAs through SFTP connectivity as is already being done for new pensioners (no confirmation from PCDA(O)/AFCAO, New Delhi/NPO Mumbai is required by PDA). E‐PPOs will also be uploaded on CGDA WAN for PCDA(O)/ AFCAO, New Delhi /NPO Mumbai to download a copy for record purpose as well as for providing a copy to the pensioner/family pensioner concerned. Any irregularity if noticed may be pointed out to this office for further necessary action.
9. Allotment of login ID and password to Administrator PAO:
To access the utility programme, PAO will be issued login ID and password. Accordingly every PAO has to nominate one Officer of their office as ADMIN (Administrator) to whom login credentials i.e. password will be provided by PCDA(P). The ADMIN of PAO may further allot login user id and password to the required number of users to act as Initiator and Approver in their office at their end through ‘User Management’ of utility software on WAN. For this purpose a Proforma for allotment of login ID and password to the Admin of PAO concerned is enclosed as per Annexure‐A which may be filled and submitted to this office under the signature of PAO In charge concerned on the e‐mail address firstname.lastname@example.org of this office as well as invariably through the hard copy duly signed by O I/C of the PAO concerned to Shri Himanshu Tripathi, IDAS Group Officer, EDP Centre, PCDA(P) Allahabad‐211014 for further necessary action within a month of issue of this letter / Circular.
10. Allotment of login ID and password to other users of PAO (other than administrator)
The Administrator of PAO will further allot login user ID and password to the required number of users as Initiator and Approver of their office at their end through ‘User Management’ of utility software on WAN. Facility has been provided in the utility software that all user can change their password after allotment or as and when they requires.
Encl: As above
No. No. G-1/M/01/ICOs/7th CPC/ Vol.-III