F. No. AB-14017/41/2013-Estt.RR
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel. Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Estt. RR Section
North Block, New Delhi
dated 16 04.2020
Subject: – Review of Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme (MFCS) – reg.
As the Scientific Ministries / Departments are aware a Committee under former Secretary, Department of Bio-Technology, Prof. K. Vijay Raghavan, was constituted to review the Modified Flexible Complimentary Scheme (MFCS). A proposal based on the recommendations of this Committee was considered by the Committee of Secretaries (CoS), constituted to frame comprehensive and uniform guidelines relating to promotion of scientists In Scientific Ministries and Departments, in its meeting held on 20th February 2020.
2. The CoS has inter-alia recommended as under:
- Ministries / Departments may carefully rework the Output Indicators so as to simplify and streamline them. Qualitative dimensions may also be captured so that excellence of a Scientist is brought out and only the deserving Scientists get promoted.
- Ministries / Departments may ensure that all promotions under MFCS are held timely so that the issue of granting retrospective promotion does not arise.
- Number of posts required at HAG / HAG+ level may be worked out individually at the Ministry / Department level looking at the organizational structure and their specific requirements. Cadre review exercise may accordingly be undertaken.
3. All Scientific Ministries / Departments are accordingly requested to take necessary action as per the above recommendations of the CoS and furnish an Action Taken Report to this Department by 31.05.2020.
Under Secretary to the Government of India