Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
03-September-2012 15:19 IST
Restructuring of DRDO
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is in the process of implementing recommendations of the Review Committee headed by Dr. P. Rama Rao and fine-tuned by the Defence Secretary Committee.
The following recommendations have been implemented:-
• Nomination of Nodal Officers for interaction between DRDO and Services.
• Introduction of Integrated Financial Advice (IFA) system for financial decentralization.
• A dedicated Chief Controller Research and Development (Human Resource) has already been appointed at DRDO HQrs.
The following recommendations are at various stages mplementation:-
• Creation of Technology Domain based clusters.
• Increase of Budget for Extramural Research to 5% of DRDO Budget.
• Restructuring of DRDO HQrs.
• Cabinet Note has been initiated for the following recommendations:-
• Creation of Defence Technology Commission. Creation of a Commercial Arm of DRDO. Renaming of DG, DRDO as Chairman, DRDO.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri R. Thamaraiselvan in Lok Sabha today.