F.No. 1-212020/CGHS/ ADHQ/29
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 16th June , 2020.
Sub : Reimbursement of cost of ‘Pulse Oximeter’ for the family of COVID-19 Positive CGHS Beneficiary under Home Care
“A pulse oximeter is a small, lightweight device used to monitor the amount of oxygen carried in the body.”
In view of the current Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic, all out efforts are being made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In this regard, an Advisory on the subject Tele Home Care of COVID positive CGHS beneficiaries has been issued by this Directorate. As measuring of oxygen saturation level is one of the most important parameters for monitoring the health of COVID 19 patients, it has been decided to reimburse the cost of pulse oximeter purchased by the beneficiaries as per the following conditions:
- CGHS beneficiaries, who have been tested positive for COVID-19 Infection are permitted to purchase one Pulse Oximeter per family. In other words, in case there are more than one COVID positive cases in a family of CGHS beneficiary, they can claim reimbursement only for one Pulse Oximeter;
- The reimbursement shall be claimed as per actual cost of Pulse Oximeter, subject to a ceiling of Rs. 1200/-;
- The claim for reimbursement of cost of such Pulse Oximeter shall be submitted as per prescribed norms enclosing therewith a copy of the COVID-19 Test report, to CGHS in case of Pensioners, ex-MPs, etc., and to Rajya Sabha Secretariat/ Lok Sabha Secretariat as the case may be in respect of Hon’ble Members of Parliament; and
- In the case of serving beneficiaries, such claims shall be submitted to the concerned Ministry /Department and to concerned Autonomous Body in respect of beneficiaries of Autonomous Bodies.
3. This OM is applicable from date of Issue.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Division, Min. of Health & Family Welfare vide Concurrence Diary No. 572 Dated 16/06/2020.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain)