Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Redressal of Public Grievances
07 FEB 2019
Disposal of grievances is done by Ministry/Department as per Allocation of Business Rules, 1961, which is then reflected on the CPGRAMS portal against the corresponding registration number of the grievance. Regular review meetings are held to monitor both disposed and pending grievances in the respective Departments and also in Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India.
The number of grievances received during the last three years, disposed of and pending are as follows:-
Government has taken several steps to make the Grievance Redressal Mechanism effective for quick disposal of public grievances which are as under:
- Review of Grievances of identified Ministry/Department is undertaken every month during meetings conducted on PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation) platform.
- For effective monitoring of grievances at Secretary level, an electronic Dashboard has been created showing the consolidated status of grievances disposed and pending, on CPGRAMS. Weekly reminders through SMS are also being sent for pending grievances.
- A Grievance Analysis Study in respect of top 40 grievance receiving Ministries/Departments/Organizations listed on CPGRAMS for identifying grievance prone areas, their root cause analysis and suggested systemic reforms for reducing such grievances, has been carried out by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances. Several suggested systemic reforms have been implemented by the concerned Ministries/Departments. Some of these Reforms are: automatic refunds on cancellation of Railways Tickets, Single Window Pension through disbursing Banks, intensive mechanized cleaning of coaches, e-verification of Income Tax Returns, expeditious Income Tax Returns upto Rs.50,000/-, etc.
- A Public Grievances Call Centre has been set up for reminding the concerned officials of top 40 Ministries/Departments/Organizations for expeditious disposal of grievances pending for more than 2 months.
- An Award Scheme has been launched for recognizing outstanding performance with respect to disposal of grievances on CPGRAMS on a quarterly basis through issue of Certificate of Appreciation.
- Training on CPGRAMS is conducted on a regular basis.
- A new Mobile App which is more user-friendly for lodging of public grievances has been developed. The Grievance Action Status can also be viewed on the mobile itself. This has been integrated with Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG). This initiative also facilitates lodging of grievance anywhere anytime.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.