No.A-12023/1/2018-D (Estt. I/Gp.II)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Room No. 320, ‘B’ Wing,
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi- 110105
Dated 12th December, 2019
Subject: Recruitment to the post of Staff Car Driver in Ministry of Defence by Deputation or absorption or Re-employment basis
The undersigned is directed to say that one (01) post of Staff Car Driver(Ordinary Grade) in the Ministry of Defence carrying pay in Level 2 (Rs.19900 – Rs.63200) of Pay Matrix is proposed to be filled up by:
Deputation/ Absorption/ Re-employment
From amongst the regular Despatch Rider (Group-C) and Group C employees in Level 1(Rs.18000 – Rs.56900) in the Ministry of Defence (Secretariat) who possess valid driving license for motor cars on the basis of a driving test conducted by Transport Company, Army Headquarters, Ministry of Defence to assess the competence to drive motor cars failing which from officials holding the post of Despatch Rider in other Ministries of the Central Government who fulfill the necessary qualifications, as mentioned below:
For Ex- Servicemen: Deputation/ Re-employment
The Armed Forces personnel due to retire or who are to be transferred to reserve within a period of one year and having the requisite experience and qualifications prescribed below shall also be considered. Such persons would be given deputation terms upto the date on which they, are due for release from the Armed Forces, thereafter, they may be continued on re-employment.
Also check: Admissibility of Daily Allowance to Staff Car Drivers: Railway Board Order
Essential education / technical qualification
- A pass in the 10th standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or Institution;
- Must possess a valid driving license for motor car issued by the competent authority;
- Knowledge of motor mechanism (the candidate should be able to remove minor defects in vehicles);
- Experience of driving a motor car for at least three years from reputed organisation.
Three years service as Home Guard or Civil volunteers.
Note 1: The qualifications regarding experience are relaxable at the discretion of the Competent Authority in the case of candidate otherwise well qualified.
Note 2: The qualifications regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the Competent Authority, in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes if at any stage of selection the competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates with requisite experience are likely to be available to fill up the vacancy reserved for them.
2. In addition to the above, it may be noted that the period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not excced 3 years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation / absorption shall not exceed 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
3. In the event of selection, appointment will be subject to passing of driving skill test.
4. Applications in the attached proforma (Annexure-I) from willing and eligible persons and whose services can be spared, shall be forwarded by the Employer/Cadre Controlling Authority along with duly filled-in certification (Annexure-II) to this office within six weeks from the date of publication of the advertisement in Employment News along with the following documents:
- Matriculation certificate
- Driving License
- NOC from record office (in case of Armed forces personnel)
- APAR dossiers for the last five years
- Vigilance certificate
- Experience certificate & Commendation certificate (if any)
(Phani Tulasi K.Ch)
Under Secretary to the Government of India