Dopt Orders 2013 : Recruitment of Stenographers Grade ‘D’ in CSSS through Stenographers Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination – 2012 conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) – nomination of qualified candidates-reg.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
3rd Floor, Lok Naynk Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
Date: 18th July, 2013
Subject : Recruitment of Stenographers Grade ‘D’ in CSSS through Stenographers Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination – 2012 conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) – nomination of qualified candidates-reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that SSC had conducted the Stenographers Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination-2012 on 29-07-12 and declared the final result of the said Examination on 07-12-12 wherein 290 Steno Grade ‘D’ have been finally selected against 290 vacancies intimated. Out of 290 Steno Grade ‘D’, this Department has already nominated 265 Steno Grade ‘D’ vide this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 08-05-13. In addition to this, SSC has forwarded 24 more examination dossiers (19 examination dossiers in respect of additional candidates). With the approval of competent authority, these 24 (5+19) Steno Grade ‘D’ are being nominated in the order of their merit to the different Cadre Units of CSSS, as listed in the Annexure to this O.M., for appointment as Steno Grade ‘D’ in CSSS.
2. Since these candidates have neither been medically examined nor have their character and antecedents boon verified, the Cadre Units are requested to complete the pro-appointment formalities before they are actually appointed as Steno Grade ‘D’ latest by 15th September, 2013.
3. In accordance with ‘Instructions for the candidates’ relating to this Examination, qualified candidates are required to submit their original certificates for verification to the authority who will give them the Offer of Appointment. The appointing authorities may, therefore, call for the original certificates and check the relevant particulars from them regarding date of birth, educational qualifications and claims for OBC/SC/ST/Ex T servicemen/PH and claim in respect of age relaxation. If any discrepancy is found in any particular case, the SSC may be informed accordingly and copy of the same may also be endorsed to this Department.
4. In pursuance of tho instructions contained in para 2.5 of the brochure regarding reservation in service for Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes circulated with the Ministry of Home Affairs O.M, No.1/2/61-SCT (I) dated 27th April, 1962, the responsibility for verification of the claims of tue SC/ST/OBC candidates is that of the appointing authority. The candidates may, accordingly, be offered appointments provisionally subject to their furnishing the prescribed caste certilicate in the prescribed form within areasonable time, which should be verified by the appointing authority.
5. In cases where the candidates are already employed in the Government offices, the Offer of Appointment may be sent to them through their respective offices. There is no need for the Cadre Units to endorse copies of Offer of Appointment, verification of character and antecedents etc. to this Department. However, as soon as a candidate is taken on the strength of the Ministry / Departments after completion of pre-appointment formalities, a copy of his / her Office Order indicating the date of his/her joining the duty may be intimated along with his / her roll number and rank number to this Department.
6. The Offer of appointment should be sent only by Registered Post. If the postal authorities return the letter undelivered, the letter along with the envelope containing remarks by the postal authorities should be retained for record. In such cases, a copy of the Offer of Appointment should be sent to the permanent address of the candidate, if it is different from that of the initial mailing address. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned to the SSC only if the second letter is also returned undelivered under intimation to this Department.
7. At least five weeks time from the data of issue of the Offer of Appointment should be given to the candidate to respond to the Offer of Appointment. A registered reminder may be sent immediately after the expiry of five weeks time, if necessary. If the candidate does not join duty within 3 months from the date of first letter, his candidature may be cancelled. However, if the candidate further makes a request for extension of joining time and, on consideration by the Cadre Unit, it is decided to grant him/her extension beyond 3 months, he/she may be asked to join within the stipulated time and he/she may also be informed that on joining the post his / her seniority would be determined as per provision made in DoPT’s O.M. No.9/23/71-Estt.. (D) dated 06-06-78 as amended vide O.M. No. 35015/2/93-Estt.(B) dated 09-08-95.
8. The dossiers of candidates are forwarded herewith and these should be retained, on their appointment, in the Ministry/Department/Office, as part of their Service Book. It may specially be noted that the dossier shall be deemed to be authentic only if the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is EMBOSSED with the special stamp of the SSC. Before taking any further action, it may please be ensured that the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is duly embossed and, in case any discrepancy is noticed,the matter may be referred to the SSC without any delay.
9. In any candidate fails to report for duty or there is no response or the Offer is declined, after a registered reminder, the Offer of appointment should formally be cancelled and the candidate be informed accordingly. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned there after to the SSC(NR) directly under intimation to this Department after placing a copy each of the Offer of Appointment, reminder thereof and the cancellation memo, in the respective dossier. The dossier(s) should be returned under the signature of the officer to whom the same were sent in your office. He/She should also sign the list of dossier(s) which is / are returned with the letter.
10. These Steno Grade ‘D’ would be nominated for induction training in the ISTM shortly. The dates of the induction training programme would be intimated to all the Cadre Units in due course. All the Cadre Units shall relieve their Steno grade ‘D’ for the induction training programme at the ISTM as and when they are nominated.
11. All Cadre Units of CSSS are requested to ensure that in case some staff have been outsourced for stenographic assistance by showing the vacancies of Steno Grade ‘D’, the same may be reduced proportionately keeping in view the number of Steno Grade ‘D’ nominated to the respective Cadre Units. The Financial Advisers of all the Cadre Units are also requested to ensure that outsourced stenographic assistance is proportionately reduce as the nominated Steno Grade ‘D’ join in the Cadre Unit.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India