Recognition of Service Associations under the CCS (Recognition of Service Associations) Rules, 1993.
No. 17/1/2017-R&R and DC
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003.
Subject: Recognition of Service Associations under the CCS (Recognition of Service Associations) Rules, 1993.
The undersigned is directed to say that recognition of Central Secretariat Service Associations expired in 2013 on completion of a period of five years. Since 2012, this department has consistently pursuing renewal of their recognition by re-verification of required membership under extant rules. In spite of all efforts, it could not be ascertained. Service Associations have also failed to prove that they have required members for re-verification and renewal of their recognition.
2. As such, the matter has been examined again and as decided, recognition of all five Service Associations (i.e. Central Secretariat Clerical Service Association, Central Secretariat Non-Gazetted Employees’ Union, Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service Association, Central Secretariat Staff Car Drivers’ Association & Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service Gazetted Officers’ Association) is, hereby, annulled.
3. Now, Associations/Group of employees belonging to the Central Secretariat Services, Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service, Central Secretariat Clerical Service etc., who wish to seek recognition under the CCS(Recognition of Service Association) Rules, 1993 may submit their application for recognition by 31st July, 2017. Associations which have earlier applied are also required to submit fresh applications. The applications may be sent to this Department along with the following documents :
(a) Memorandum of Association (MOA);
(b) Constitution / Bye-laws of the Association;
(c) Names of Office-bearers of the Associations along with their designation, elected from the cadre(s) the Association represents;
(d) Ministry/Department wise list of estimated membership of the Association
2. Constitution / Bye-laws of the Association must be in conformity with the CCS(Recognition of Service Associations) Rules, 1993. For the sake of convenience, the salient features of the Constitution are re-iterated in the Annexure.
3. Recognition will be accorded to the Association on fulfilling the conditions prescribed in the aforesaid rules and orders instructions issued thereunder from time to time.
4. All Cadre Controlling Authorities of the Central Secretariat are
requested to give wide publicity to the contents of this Office Memorandum, so that the Service Associations of the Central Secretariat may submit their applications by 31st July, 2017.
5. Application(s) received after 31st July, 2017 will not be entertained and will be returned as received.
Under Secretary to the Government of India