New Methodology of Application and Schedule of Payment towards Children Education Allowance
SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY
Sub: Children Education Allowance for the year 2017-2018.
Ref: 1. Rly. Bds letter No.E(W)2008/ED-2/4 dated 01.10.2008
2. Rly. Bds letter No.E(W)2017/ED-2/3 dated 12.10.2017 (RBE No. 147/2017)
Railway Board has communicated the revised rates for Children Education Allowance (CEA) and the new method of application and payment/reimbursement of CEA, vide letter under reference, as per the Board’s letter are as under:
1. The amount fixed for reimbursement of CEA will be Rs. 2250/- om., and Rs.6750/- pm for Hostel Subsidy.
2. The reimbursement will be done just once a year, i.e. after completion of the financial year.
3. For reimbursement of CEA, a Certificate from the Head of the Institution, where the ward of the government employee studies, will be sufficient. The certificate should confirm that the child studied in the school during the previous academic year. (Proforma-I enclosed)
4. However, for hostel subsidy, a similar certificate from the Head of the Institution with additional requirement regarding amount of expenditure incurred by the government servant towards lodging and boarding in the residential complex are to be furnished. (RBE No. 147/2017). The amount of expenditure mentioned, or the ceiling, Rs.6,750/- pm, whichever is lower shall be paid to the employee. Employees are required to be submitted bonafide certificate for hostel subsidy as per the proforma-II enclosed.
5. Hostel subsidy is reimbursable only in case of child studying in a residential school and staying in hostel of the said residential school.
6. The allowance will be double for differently abled children. (RBE No. 10/2018)
Scheduled for payment of CEA for the year 2017-18:
1. Applications for reimbursement/payment of CEA will be collected after the completion of financial year 2017-18 i.e. from 01.04.2018 up to 15.05.2018.
2. The received applications will be scrutinised and processed for sanction and vetting from Associate Finance through online i.e. on IPAS.
3. To ensure that the child/ward has studied during the academic Year, a bonafide Certificate from the school has to be obtained as per the prescribed proforma-I enclosed. This can also be in any format given by the school.
4. If both the spouses are Government servants, the applicant should declare that His/her spouse has not claimed the allowance, and will be liable for action under D & AR if it is found to be false at a later date.
5. Claims shall be admissible only for the First two surviving children whose names are included in the Family Composition. Before submitting an application for CEA, every employee should ensure that his/her child’s name is included in the Family Composition Certificate which was sent to Personnel Department for scanning and uploading to IPAS system or else such claims will not be processed.
6. It is also necessary to enclose the copy of employee’s Family Composition Details along with CEA application duly certified by the concerned supervisory officials.
7. The supervisory officials are requested to collect the applications of the employees working under them with bonafide certificates or original fee receipts/cash bills for hostel subsidy and forward the same to this Office in a one bunch under a covering letter duly listing the names for further process. Applications without covering letter shall not be entertained.
8. CEA application can also be downloaded from SWR website i.e. www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in on the following link:- About us -> Division -> Mysuru -> Personnel Branch -> Forms to download.
This has the approval of Competent Authority