Railway Board Order: List of various allowance enhanced 25% from 01.01.2014
Railway Board Order for Enhancement in the rate of various allowances again by 25% as a result of enhancement of Dearness Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2014 & List of Allowance enhanced:-
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 50/2014
No. E(PA)I-2014/SP-1/GenL. 2
New Delhi, dated 19.05.2014.
The General Managers/FA & CAOs,
All Indian Railways/Production Units.
Sub: Enhancement in the rate of various allowances again by 25% as a result of enhancement of Dearness Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2014
In accordance with The recommendations of VI CPC, the rates of various allowances admissible to different categories of railway staff were doubled. The VI CPC while making recommendations in this regard had also recommended that the rates of these Allowances will be increased by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance goes up by 50%. Railway Board accordingly issued instructions in respect of various allowances listed in the enclosed Annexure.
2. Consequent upon the enhancement in the rate of Dearness Allowance to 51% from 01.01.2011 it was reiterated vide Board’s letter No. No. E(P&A)I-2011/SP-1/Misc.1 dated 13.06.2011 that the rates of allowances shall increase by 25%.
3. Therate of Dearness Allowance has now been enhanced to 100% w.e.f 01.01.2014. In order to dispel any doubts that may arise in the Railways, it is clarified that the rates of allowance listed in the enclosed Annexure shall again increase by 25% (on original VI CPC rates prescribed by Ministry of Railways) with Dearness Allowance now again having gone up ;by 50% w.e.f. 01.01.2014
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. There is no change in the other terms and conditions for grant of these allowances.
6. Kindly acknowledge receipt.
LIST OF THE VARIOUS ALLOWANCE5 THAT STAND REVISED W.E.F. 02.01.2014 ON ACCOUNT OF ENHANCEMENT IN THE RATE or DA To 100%
S.No. Name of Allowance
- National Holiday Allowance
- Special Allowance to Gate Keepers of Civil Engineering Level Crossings
- Night Patrolling Allowance
- Uniform Allowance, Nursing Allowance & Washing Allowance for Nursing Staff
- Uniform Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance & Washing Allowance (RPF/SRPF Group “A”)
- Special Allowance to various categories of staff:- (i) Health & Malaria Inspectors (ii) Commercial Staff in-charge of Flag Stations (iii) Teachers doing Library work (iv) Announcers – ECRCs/Comml. Clerks/TCs (v) Train Supdts/Dy. Trains Supdts. of Rajdhani Train (vi) Stewards (Dy. Train Supdt.) of Rajdhani Trains (vii) CTIs/TTEs working in HQ Flying Squad (viii) Cook/Cook mate (ix) Sr. Scale, JA Grades & SA Grade Officers entrust with the Administrative control of Hindi works
- Post Graduate and Annual Allowance to Medical Officers
- Breakdown Allowance to (a) Helper Gr.II/Helper Gr.I/Other Gr.’D’ Staff (b) Technician Gr.III (c) Technicians Gr.II/Technicians Gr. I/Supervisors (erstwhile Mistry) (d) Sr. Technicians/Junior Engineers and staff in higher scales
- Risk Allowance to eligible unskilled staff on railways
- Special Allowance to staff working in Central Ticket Checking Squad
- Special Allowance to Track Maintainer deployed for manning any of the Engineering Gates