Promotion of Section Officers of CSS to Grade-I (Under Secretary) on ad-hoc basis – reg.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 26th November, 2015
Approval of the President is hereby conveyed for promotion of 12 Section Officers of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) to Grade-I (Under Secretary) of CSS in PB-3 (Rs.15600-391 00) with Grade Pay of RS.6600/- purely on ‘ad-hoc’ basis for a period up to 31.12.2015 or till the posts are filled up on regular basis, or until further orders whichever is earlier. The ‘ad-hoc’ promotion is subject to the following conditions:
(i) The ad-hoc promotion shall not confer any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List for regular appointment or to claim seniority in the Grade I of the CSS.
(ii) Ad-hoc appointments may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reason there for.
(iii) The appointment on ad-hoc basis will take effect from the date of assuming the charge of the post of Under Secretary in the Ministry/Department to which the officer has been allocated.
(iv) The service rendered on ad-hoc basis in the Under Secretary grade would not count for the purpose of seniority in that grade or for promotion to the next higher grade.
(v) The appointment is subject to vigilance clearance in terms of DoPT’s OM No.22034/4/2012-Estt.(D) dated 02.11.2012 and other relevant instructions on the subject. The Ministry/ Department where the officer is working should relieve him/her or promote him/her only after verifying that no disciplinary proceedings are pending or contemplated against the officer.
(vi) The Officers, who have not undergone mandatory Level ‘0’ Training as enjoined in Cadre Training Plan for the CSS, will have to undergo the aforesaid training as per nominations made by this Department.
(vii) No request for retention of the Officers who are transferred on promotion would be entertained.
(viii) The officers who fail to avail ad-hoc promotion would not be considered for ad-hoc promotion for a period of one year from the date of issue of this promotion order.
(ix) Officers undergoing any training other than mandatory training under CSS (CTP) will not be allowed proforma promotion and the officer has to join the post to avail promotion. In this regard attention is invited to this Department’s O.M. No. 21/3/2015-CS.I(P) dated 19.3.2015.
2. The posting of officers on their promotion is as shown against their names in the Annexure to this OM. Allocation has been made in terms of the revised Rotational Transfer Policy for CSS Officers.
3. The Officers promoted vide this order will be required to join the allocated Ministries/ Departments by 30.11.2015 and failure to do so may attract punitive action by DoPT. It will also be incumbent upon the Ministry/ Department and the officer concerned not to draw salary beyond the stipulated date. If any Officer fails to join by the stipulated date, the promotion order is liable to be cancelled.
Officers covered in this order and presently on deputation should repatriate to the cadre immediately to avail promotion, failing which promotion order will be cancelled.
4. Notification appointing the officers will be issued by the Ministry/Department and a copy of the notification issued should be endorsed to this Department.
5. Web Based Cadre Management System: Promotion of officers have been reflected in the Web Based Cadre Management System. Accordingly, relieving/ joining of officers should be immediately updated in the Transfer module of the Web Based Cadre Management System hosted at cscms.nic.in. This is the responsibility of the nodal officers concerned.
6. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
1. The Joint Secretaries (Admn.lEstt.) of all Ministries / Departments concerned.
2. Officers concerned.
4. Guard File.
DoPT Order: Recording of the Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) for the 2017 – 18 financial year for CSS officers
No Comments | Mar 19, 2019
Provision regarding mandatory cooling off period between two deputations for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers
No Comments | Jul 23, 2018
DoPT: Regulation of pay on imposition of a penalty under CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965
No Comments | Jun 19, 2019
DOPT issued FAQ on Non-Functional Upgradation
No Comments | Aug 7, 2012