Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for Welfare of Minorities measures to give special consideration to minorities in recruitment
annual report for the year 2014 – 15 regarding.
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
(Estt. (B) Section)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 10th April, 2015
Subject: Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for Welfare of Minorities measures to give special consideration to minorities in recruitment annual report for the year 2014 – 15 regarding.
The undersigned is directed is directed to refer to this Department’s 0.M No.39016/7(s)/2006 – Estt.(B) dated 08.01.2007 on the above mentioned subject under which all Ministries / Departments are required to furnish to this Department the requisite data in the proforma enclosed for the period ending 31st March, in the month of April. Accordingly, the report for the period 01.04.2014 to 31.03.2015 is required to be furnished by 30 th April, 2015. The progress made in this regard is reviewed by the Committee of Secretaries and the Cabinet periodically.
2. In this connection, it is brought to your notice that the Jain
Community has been notified as minority community vide National
Commission for Minorities’ Notification dated 27th January, 2014. In addition to the five communities already notified as minority communities viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians(Parsis). Accordingly, it may be ensured that data relating to Jain Community candidates are also taken into account/included in the annual consolidated data.
3. It may also be ensured while furnishing the annual data that in case there is decline in the percentage of recruitment of minority communities with reference such recruitment for previous year, reasons for such decline may be examined and intimated.
4. The information furnished in the prescribed proforma contains
inaccuracies and other discrepancies / inconsistencies. The points given in the annexure may kindly be kept in view, while compiling/ furnishing requisite annual consolidated data.
5. The name / address / telephone No. of the Nodal Officers may kindly be indicated to this Department.
6. The Ministries / Departments are, therefore, requested to furnish
their annual regrire r 1n,irespect, of candidates belonging to minority communities for the period 01.04.2014 to 31.03.2015 in the prescribed proforma well within i.e. by 30th April 2015 positively.
End : As above.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India