PCDA Circular No. 599
Office of the Principal CDA (Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad 211014
Circular No. 599
Dated : 05/06/2018.
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt, Bank Accounts, Central Office C-7, Second Floor, Bandra- Kuria Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandra East, Mumbai-400 051.
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks.
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICI/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks.
4. All Managers, CPPCs.
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal.
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh.
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut.
8. The CDA Chennai.
9. The Director of Treasury, All States.
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai.
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K).
13. The Post Master Camp Bell Bay.
14. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair.
Subject : Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC)-Revision of Disability / War Injury Pension for Pre 01.01.2006 Deference Forces Pensioners : Clarification Regarding.
Reference : This office Circular No. 582 dated 05.09.2017, Circular No. 585 dated 21.09.2017 and Circular No. 596 dated 09.02.2018.
Of late complaints are being received from the pensioners that PDAs are not revising the pension of Pre-01.01.2006 retiree Armed Forces Pensioners in terms of Got, MoD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23.01.2018 (circulated vide this office Circular No. 596 dated 09.02.2018) under which method of re-computation of Disability/War Injury Element before applying the multiplication factor of 2.57 has been provided.
In view of the above, PDAs are requested to revise the Disability/War Injury Pension of Pre-01.01.2006 retired Armed Forces Personnel strictly in terms of GoI, MoD letter dated 23.01.2018 till receipt of Corr. PPO based on Notional Pay Fixation method. Cases in which PDAs are facing any difficulty to identify the pensioner, if any, as mentioned at Para 5 of Circular No. 596 dated 09.02.2018, the case may be forwarded to Audit Section of this office. The revision of such cases may be done on priority basis.
It is reiterated that where the disability of the pensioner was assessed as 50% in discharge cases, then it will be rounded to 75% as mentioned in Para -3 of the Circular No. 596. However, if the individual has already been given rounding off benefit through PPO (in invalid out cases) then rounding off benefit in such cases should not be given.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)
Jt. CDA (P)
No. Grants/Tech/7th CPC/0181/V
Dated : 05/06/2018.