Memorandum By IRTSA to Railway Board Regarding 3rd MACP after 20 years of First Promotion or 10 years after 2nd Promotion or 30 years of Appointment
INDIAN RAILWAYS TECHNICAL SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION
(Estd. 1965, Regd. No.1329. website http://www.irtsa.net)
Central President, IRTSA
No.4, Sixth Street, TVS Nagar,
General Secretary, IRTSA
C.Hq.32, Phase 6, Mohali,
Date : 22.10.2012
RAILWAY BOARD, NEW DELHI
Sub: MACPS – Reg: Grant of third financial upgradation under MACPS on completion of 20 years of service from the first promotion OR 10 years after second promotion OR 30 years after regular appointment – whichever is earlier.
Ref: 1.RBE No.101/2009, No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dated – 10.06.2009,
2.RBE No.143/2012, No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2 dated – 29.09.10
3. Railway Board’s letter No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dated – 29.12.2011
4.Office of CPO/ICF letter No.PB/S2/MACP, dated – 21.01.2010.
1. We bring to your kind notice the need for issuing a clarification about granting of 3rd Financial up gradation under MACP after completion of 20 years from the first promotion as per Railway Board’s orders and clarifications cited above reg: Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS).
2. As per Board’s letter dated – 10.06.2009 cited above vide para 28, in the illustration – a Railway servant is eligible to get the 3rd financial up-gradation under MACPS before the completion of 30 years of service from the date of initial appointment. The illustration shows that 3rd financial upgradation under MACPS shall be granted on completion of 8+10+10 = 28 years. – Annexure – I.
3. Again in the illustration shown in the para-5 of the same letter referred above it is stated that “Promotions earned/upgradation granted under the (old) ACP Scheme in the past to those grades which now carry the same grade pay due to merger of pay scales/upgradations of posts recommended by the Sixth Pay Commission shall be ignored for the purpose of granting upgradations under MACPS” and clearly illustrates that service rendered prior to 1.1.2006 should be counted for financial upgradation under MACPS. – Annexure – II.
4. Clarification on grant of third financial upgradation after the completion of 30 years from the initial appointment has been issued by Railway Board by vide RBE No.143/2010,No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2, Dated 29.09.10, only to extend the financial upgradation to those employees who got two financial upgradations in 24 years, in the old ACP scheme without waiting for completion of 10 years from the date of their second financial upgradation on the old ACP scheme. This has been clarified in the point of doubt number -3 in the Railway Board’s letter. But for this clarification these employees would be eligible for their 3rd financial upgradation on completion of 34 years of service from the date of initial appointment. – Annexure – III.
5. This principle has been emphasized in Railway Board’s letter No: No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dated 29.12.2011. – Annexure – IV.
6. Some Zonal Railways / Production Units – without understanding the principle of 3 financial upgradations, which can happen well before the completion of 30 years of service from the date of initial appointment – are denying the benefit of 3rd
financial upgradation on completion of 20 years of service from the date of first promotion, that is, granting 2nd Financial up gradation after the completion of 10 years from the first promotion received by the employee and subsequent 3rd Financial up gradation after the completion of 10 years from the second financial upgradation received by the employee including the service rendered by them prior to 1.1.2006 in the (old) ACP scheme.
7. One example of denial of 3rd financial upgradation after the completion of 20 years of service from the date of first promotion, ignoring the service rendered prior to 1.9.2008 at Integral Coach Factory, Chennai – is attached in Annexure – V.
8. It is, therefore, requested to issue clarification to all Zonal Railways & Production Units to “Grant third financial upgradation under MACPS on completion of 20 years of service from the first promotion OR 10 years after second promotion Or 30 years after regular appointment – whichever is earlier.”
General Secretary, IRTSA
Source : www.irtsa.net