JICA Training course in Industrial Health
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.Gand Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-4, Old JNU Campus
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-67
Dated 13- 6-2012
Subject: A Group Training Course in Policy Improvement of Industrial Safety and Health to be held from August 2012 to April, 2013 (Core Phase in Japan from 8th October to 10th November, 2012.)
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) under the Technical Cooperation Programme of the Government of Japan has invited applications for the above programme to be held from August, 2012 to April 2013 out of which the Core Phase would be held in Japan from 8th October to 10th November, 2012.
2. The programme aims to provide participants with the opportunities to acquire necessary knowledge and skills to improve their countries’ policy for industrial safety and health by learning Japanese cases.
3. The programme is offered to Governmental officials/staff of related organization (division head or section chief) engaged in planning and administration in industrial/occupational safety and health. The candidate should have occupational experience
of more than three (3) years in the field of industrial/occupational safety and health, and be expected to be continuously engaged in this field after completion of this training programme; be university or college graduations or have an equivalent background; be under the age of fifty (50) years; not be serving in military; be proficient in written and spoken English; be in good health to undergo the above training.
4. In addition to the above, the following information in respect of the nominated officers may please be furnished while furnishing the nomination:
a) Whether attended any foreign training programme in the past? If so, the duration/detail thereof;
b) Whether clear from vigilance angle?
d) Whether working in North East State/J&K;
e) A brief in 50-100 words justifying the nomination.
5. The course covers the cost of a round- trip air ticket between an international airport designated by JICA; travel insurance from the time of arrival in Japan to departure from Japan; allowances for (accommodation, living expenses, outfit and shipping); expenses for
JICA study tours and free medical care for participants who may fall ill after reaching Japan (costs relating to pre-existing illness, pregnancy, or dental treatment is not included).
6. It is requested that the nomination of the suitable candidates may please be forwarded to this Department in accordance with the eligibility criteria.
7. The nomination details should be submitted (in duplicate) in the JICA’s prescribed proformas duly authenticated by the Department concerned along with the medical history questionnaire.
8. The applications should reach this Department through the Administrative Ministry/State Government not later than 1st August, 2012. Nominations received after the prescribed date will not be considered. The details of the programme and the application form may be drawn from Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions website (persmin.nic.in), which is available in “What is New” under the Department of Personnel and Training.
Under Secretary to the Government of India