Jeevan Pramaan – message from Joint Secretary (Pension)
Wide publicity to ‘Jeevan Pramaan’ – message from Joint Secretary (Pension)
G.I., Dept. of PPW., O.M.No. 1I19/2014-P&PW (E)( Pt), dated 29.4.2015
Sub: Wide publicity to ‘Jeevan Pramaan’ – message from Joint Secretary (Pension) – regarding.
In continuation of letter of even number, dated 17th April, 2015, the undersigned is directed to forward herewith a message from the Joint Secretary, Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare for submission of Digital Life Certificate by pensioners and family pensioners on ‘Jeevan Pramaan. This facility is in addition to the other available means of submission of life certificate.
2. We are confident that by now your bank is in a state of readiness to receive digital life certificates, complete with the seeding of Aadhaar Numbers in the bank accounts.
3. For proper implementation of the initiative, awareness and sensitisation of the bank officials as well as pensioners is also absolutely critical. Enclosed with this letter is a message for pensioners.
4. This message may be displayed prominently at all the branches and ATM locations of your bank. Pamphlets of the message may be handed over to the visiting pensioners and wherever available, the message may be sent electronically to them through e-mail etc.
5. We hope these measures would go a long way towards making this initiative a success.
(Sujasha Choudhu )
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
In November, 2014, the Prime Minister has launched an Aadhaar-based biometric verification system “Jeevan Pramaan” to enable pensioners to submit a digital Life Certificate on-line. This is an important step in realising the vision of Digital India. This facility has been provided in addition to the other existing methods of submitting Life Certificate.
2. “Jeevan Pramaan” aims at sparing the pensioners and family pensioners the trouble of visiting bank or any other pension disbursing agency for submission of Life Certificates. It is possible to submit the Life Certificate from personal computers and laptops or by visiting a conveniently located Common Service Centre. Further, banks will ensure authenticity of pension and other payments by linking Aadhaar number with bank accounts and PPO numbers.
3. All the pensioners/family pensioners are, therefore, advised to get themselves and their family members registered for Aadhaar at an early date and furnish this information to the Pension Disbursing Authority so as to avoid inconvenience at the time of submission of Life Certificate in November, 2015.
4. For further details please visit https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in
Joint Secretary to the Government of India