All India Naval Technical Supervisory Staff Association meeting with 7th CPC and presentation i.r.o. technical Supervisory Cadre
The All India Naval Technical Supervisory Staff Association had an interaction with the complete team of 7th Central Pay Commission under Chairmanship of Justice Shri. Ashok Kumar Mathur at Naval Dockyard Mumbai on 08th Nov 2014. They handed over a memorandum to the 7th CPC and a presentation (scroll below) was organized in respect of the technical supervisory cadre.
Following office bearers were present during the detail interaction:
1. Shri. BB Mohanty – President
2. Shri. AL Mhatre – General Secretary
3. Shri. KM Nair – Vice President
4. Shri. AS Raza – Secretary
5. Shri. RK Pandey – Treasurer
6. Shri. Navin Kumar – Org. Secretary
7. Shri. T Vargese – Jt. Secretary
8. Shri. RG Pandey – Jt. Secretary
9. Shri. Tarun Sarkar – Jt. Secretary
10.Shri. T Singh – Jt. Secretary
11.Shri. JR Johnson – Jt. Secretary
Presentation to Seventh Central Pay Commission
All India Naval Technical Supervisory Staff Association
- Reasonable ratio between maximum and minimum salary shall be 8: 1.
- Proposed common and uniform multiple factor for revision of pay in respect of existing pay is 3.96 (as per % rise of NNP on constant prices).
- Determination of minimum salary based on inflation (50% DA shall be treated as DP).
- Rate of increment in each grade may please be granted @ 5% per annum.
- Reduction of nos. of grade pays of Rs. 4800 & Rs. 5400/- in PB-2 need to merged and upgraded to GP Rs. 5400/- in PB-3 as doctrine of equal pay for equal work.
CONSISTENT ANAMOLY : DISTURBANCE OF VERTICLE RELATIVITY BETWEEN CHARGEMAN AND MASTER CRAFTSMAN
||Brief on improvements given in violation of vertical relativity & Pay Commission recommendations
||Sr. Chargeman Rs.1400-2300
Master Craftsman, Rs. 1400-2300
HSK-I, Rs. 1320-1560
|Identical Pay scales of Sr. Chargeman, and MCM resulted in hierarchal confusion and attracted many court cases.
||Chargeman-II Rs. 5000-8000
Only three grades
Master Craftsman, Rs.4500-7000
HSK Rs. Rs.4000-6000
Skilled , Rs.3050-4590
|Concept of four grades (Skilled, HSK Gr-II, HSK Gr-I and MCM) restored with MCM placed in the scale of Rs.5000-8000 equal to the Chargeman-II who supervises MCM.
||The post of MCM has been made as regular by Govt. Of India and accordingly benefit of pay fixation has been permitted, and stated that the work of Master Craftsman in grade Rs.5000-8000 will be supervised by Chargeman-II scale Rs.5000-8000.
||Chargeman Grade Pay Rs.4200, PB-2, Only three grades Skilled (GP Rs.1900), Highly Skilled (GP Rs.2400) and MCM (GP Rs.2800) were recommended in PB-1, maintaining the hierarchal order and the principle of higher post given the higher Grade Pay Para 3.8.27 of SCPC report.
||Concept of four grades (Skilled , HSK Gr-II, HSK Gr-I and MCM) restored with Sr. Technician placed in the GP of Rs.4200.
||Sixth Pay Commission recommendation vide para 2.2.11 “Grade pay being progressively higher for successive higher posts, the employees on promotion will get monetary benefit on promotion in the form of the increased grade pay apart from the benefit of one additional increment” got violated.
- The scheme shall be unique effect between Defence service and civilian personnel, since there was a disparity earlier, service personnel are getting MACP scheme after 8, 16, 24 years whereas civilian are getting after 10, 20 & 30 years.
- Proposed for five MACPs (after 6, 12, 18, 24 & 30 years).
- Grant of MACP scheme on Promotional hierarchy.
- Shift-over from one pay band (PB-2 to PB-3) to the next one on effect of MACPs.
- Uniform MACP scheme for all central government departments including defence services.
INTRODUCTION OF TIME BOUND PROMOTIONS
|Existing hierarchy of posts
||Existing Grade Pay
||Proposed hierarchy of posts after proposed cadre restructuring
||Proposed revised Grade Pay after proposed cadre restructuring
||Provision of time bound promotion instead of MACPS which shall compensate the losses due to MACPS
||Entry grade For entry level post of JE (GP-4600)
||1st Functional / non functional promotion to GP-5400 (PB-3) after completion of 6 years in GP-4800
|Proposed Merger of
Technical Assistant and
Junior Technical Officer
||2nd Functional / non functional promotion to GP-6600 (PB-3) after completion of 4 years in GP-5400
||Rs. 6600 (PB-3)
||3rd Functional / non functional promotion to GP-7600 (PB-3) after completion of 4 years in GP-6600
|Senior Technical Officer
||Rs. 7600 (PB-3)
||4th Functional / non functional promotion to GP-8700 (PB-4) after completion of 4 years in GP-7600, PB-3
|Chief Technical Officer
||Rs. 8700 (PB-3)
||5th Functional / non functional promotion to GP-8900 (PB-4) after completion of 4 years in GP-8700 (PB-4)
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Hours of work for Non-Industrial Cadre = 40 hours.
- Grant of Restricted Holidays to Technical Supervisors of Indian Navy.
- Five days week for industrial establishments of Navy.
- Leave facilities – Maximum accumulation of leaves.
- Medical Facilities – Introduction of Assured healthcare services to the technical supervisors working in Naval Units at remote and underdeveloped areas like Karwar, Azhimala etc.