HOLIDAYS 2020 FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED IN ANDHRA PRADESH AND TELANGANA
Central Government Holidays 2020
Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee & Regional Sports Board, Hyderabad. Ph: 040 – 23425482, 040 – 23236778
10th floor, A Block, Income Tax Towers
AC Guards Hyderabad.
MINUTES OF THE CGEWCC MEETING HELD ON 10.10.2019
The meeting of Central Government Employees Welfare Co-ordination Committee, Hyderabad was held on 10.10.2019 in the office of the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana in the conference hall at 10-A, Income Tax Towers, AC Guards, Masab Tank, Hyderabad. The following Members were present at the meeting :
M MOHAN BABU, IRS
Dy. CIT (HQ) (Admn)
Income Tax Dept
MANAS RANJAN BEHERA
Income Tax Xept
S SREENIVSA RAO
Dept of Atomic Energy
Senior Technical Officer
CNA (DP) / Navy
D SHANKAR BABU
Civil Technical Officer
CNA (DP) / Navy
N.S. MUKUNDA RAO
The meeting began at 4.00 PM with the welcome words by the co-ordinator of the meeting Sri. MANAS RANJAN BEHERA, TO (HQ)(Welfare), Hyderabad after a brief registration process. The items of agenda for the meeting were as under:
(i) Finalisation of Holidays to be observed in 2020 in AP & TS
(ii) Any other issue with the permission of Chair.
2. Welcoming the gathering, the Secretary Sri M MOHAN BABU, IRS, Dy. Commissioner of Income-tax (HQrs) (Admn, Hyderabad has given a brief to all the members with regard to selection of holidays from the prescribed list. He requested all the members to take a decision according to the majority of members opinion. Members have welcomed the decision of the Secretary.
3. The Department of Personnel and Training; Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance and Pensions, Government of India, has issued a Memorandum in F. No.12/1/2019-JCA-2 dated 26.06.2019 declaring 14 holidays as compulsory closed holidays to be observed in 2020 and three holidays that could be chosen out of a list of holidays given separately under para 3.1 of the letter. The members present, alter having discussions, had decided the following three holidays to be observed as compulsory closed holidays in 2020 in addition to the 14 declared by the DoPT:
(i) Makar Sankranti – 15th January, 2020 (Wednesday). (ii) Maha Shivaratri – 21st February,2020 (Friday). (iii) Holi – 10th March, 2020 (Tuesday).
4. It is also decided to add Two festivals specific to the states of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana to be added to the list of Restricted Holidays in view of the local importance of the festivals i.e.,
5. In case of any alteration of the above mentioned restricted holidays by the State Government of AP or TS, such alteration would be considered by the Chairman, CGEWCC. Further the committee decided that the festivals remaining alter determining three compulsory holidays mentioned at para 3.2 of DOPT’s letter should be added to the list of restricted holidays.
6. The final list of closed holidays to be observed in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana during the calendar year 2020 is given as Annexure I. List of Restricted holidays to be observed is given as Annexure II.
7. Finally, Sri MANAS RANJAN BEHERA, Additional Secretary, CGEWCC, made his remarks and concluded the meeting. The coordinator informed that all future communications / circulars in respect of CGEWCC/ RSB would be updated on www.incometaxhyderabad.gov.in. All the members / representatives of various departments present at the meeting accepted for paperless communication. It was also requested that all the HODs may send their email addresses.
Pr. Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, AP & TS &