HIGHLIGHTS OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION RECOMMENDATIONS CLEARED BY GOVERNMENT
- Cabinet meeting to decide on the 7th Pay Commission recommendations begins.
- Government employees likely to get 15-20% hike.
- Commission has recommended a minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
The recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission got the Cabinet nod today, which will benefit over one crore government employees and pensioners.
1. The recommendations will result in a hike in salaries of nearly 50 lakh central government employees and payouts of 58 lakh pensioners.
2. The pay panel had in November last year recommended 14.27 per cent hike in basic pay at junior levels, the lowest in 70 years.
3. The commission has recommended a minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month, fixed an upper ceiling at Rs 2,25,000 per month for Apex Scale and Rs 2,50,000 per month for Cabinet Secretary and others at present at the same pay level.
4. The date of implementation for the recommendations is January 1, 2016.
5. The previous 6th Pay Commission had recommended a 20 per cent hike which the government doubled while implementing it in 2008.
6. After considering the increase proposed in allowances, the hike in remunerations comes to nearly 24 per cent.
7. While the Budget for 2016-17 did not provide an explicit provision for implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, the government had said the once-in-a-decade pay hike for government employees has been built in as interim allocation for different ministries.
8. A secretaries’ panel, headed Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha, has already vetted the 7th Pay Commission recommendation.
9. The total financial impact of implementing the pay commission recommendations in the 2016-17 fiscal is likely to be Rs 1,02,100 crore, as per government estimates.
10. The pay panel also recommended ‘one rank one pension’ kind of set-up for the central government’s all civil employees, Central Armed Police Forces as well as defence personnel to bring “parity between past pensioners and current retirees with the same length of service” who retired before January 1, 2016.
7th CPC is “ग्रेट मजाक” with Central Govt employees.
govt ka bhadda majak h
Worst pay commisssion
Modi and Jetley ka dirty mazak hai. total failed.
ab ki bar pappu ki sarkar,.,
thx modi ji humlog k bure din lane k liy