Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001
Sub:- Payment of TRCA on Sundays /Holidays to the GDS working against Leave vacancies/Vacant posts in Postman/ Mail Guard /MTS Cadre.
In the present set up, Gramin Dak Sevaks are working against the leave vacancy /vacant posts of Postman /Mail Guard /MTS Cadre in departmental Post Offices. As per Directorate order no. 47-19/90-SPB-II dated 23.04.1992 regarding grant of paid National Holidays to GDS employees when appointed against the Postman/ Mail Guard/MTS Cadre against leave vacancy/vacant posts, these GDS are getting salary for Sunday if they continuously works for 6 days. Similarly, GDS are also getting 3 National Holidays if it falls on working day, provided he/she works on both the preceding/succeeding working days to the National Holidays. However, no extra payment on account of National Holidays will be made to persons working substitutes of GDS in view of fact that payment of remuneration to GDS is made on monthly basis.
2. Similarly, GDS substituting in leave vacancy/Vacant posts of Postman / Mail Guard / MTS Cadre are deprived of Productivity Linked Bonus for the period of officiating as Postman/ MTS is on the pretext that they are on Leave Without Allowance.
GDS: Maximum 5 Days Emergency Leave for Gramin Dak Sevaks
3. For substitutes, as per As per Directorate orders vide no.17-07/2019-GDS dated 09.10.2019, substitutes of GDS who have worked in leave vacancies/ Vacant Post in Postman/ Mail Guard /MTS Cadre are also paid on the basis of minimum of revised TRCA level of that post of GDS.
4. In view of above, in supersession of this office memo of even no. dated 23.10.2019, following orders are issued with the approval of the Competent Authority:-
Central Government Offices Holiday List 2020
- Gramin Dak Sevaks when appointed against the leave vacancy/vacant post of regular Postman/MTS, these GDS will get salary for all the Postal Holidays if the Postal Holidays falls on working day, provided he/she works on both the preceding/ succeeding working days to the Postal Holidays. However, no extra payment on account of Postal Holidays will be made to persons working substitutes of GDS in view of fact that payment of remuneration to GDS is made on monthly basis.
- GDS are when appointed against the leave vacancy / vacant post of regular Postman/ MTS, have to apply for leave without allowance as GDS. There is a difference in Leave Without Allowance for personal reasons and Leave Without Allowance for officiating as Postman/MTS. In this case, the GDS is on official duty and is contributing to the productivity. Hence GDS while on LWA for official duty, there is no question of deducting this period for PLB.
Assistant Director General( GDS/PCC)