FINMIN ORDER: Committee to examine and evaluate the demands/requests – Ministry of Railways
Committee to examine and evaluate the demands/requests received from various Public Representatives/Organisations for the creation of new Zones and Divisions – Ministry of Railways (FINMIN ORDER)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
(MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS)
New Delhi, dated 17,04.2017
Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) have decided to constitute a Committee to examine and evaluate the demands/requests received from various Public Representatives/Organisations for the creation of new Zones and Divisions. The Committee will consist of the following:-
- Executive Director(E&R), Railway Board Convenor
- Executive Director/Finance(X)-I, Railway Board Member
- Executive Director(Planning), Railway Board Member
- Executive Director/TT(F), Railway Board Member
- Executive Director(L&A)-I, Railway Board Member
- Executive Director/E(N), Railway Board .Member
- The Terms of reference of the Committee will be as under:
(i) To Analyze the requests/demands received from various public representatives/organisations, since 2014, for the creation of. new zones and divisions on Indian Railways, from the following angles:
- Operational feasibility
- Financial implications
- Administrative issues
- Staff matters & Industrial Relation issues
- Infrastructure availability & other requirements
(ii) On the basis of above analysis, examine the feasibility of creation of the proposed zones/divisions and accordingly reorganization of existing zones /divisions.
(iii) The Committee may consult Zonal Railways in this regard.
(iv) The views of Federations/Unions may also be obtained for proposals which are found to be feasible.
3. The Committee should submit its Interim Report by 28.4.2017 and a detailed Report within a period of three months from the date of constitution of the
4. The Headquarters of the Committee will be at New Delhi.
5. E&R Branch of Railway Board will be the Nodal Branch for functioning of the committee. Therefore, all related works/issues including Para1. Questions, RTI cases, their execution and other formalities with regard to the Committee, should be dealt with by E&R Branch.
6. The Convenor and Members of the committee will draw TA/DA as per extant Rules.
Deputy Secretary (Estt.)