File No.1 0/4/2016-EO(SM-I)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
New Delhi, 29th March, 2016
1. The Chief Secretaries, All State Governments.
2. The Secretaries of all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
Subject: Filling up of the post of Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) in the Embassy of India, Brussels (JS Level) under the Department of Commerce.
It is proposed to fill up the post of Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) in the Embassy of India, Brussels (JS Level) under the Department of Commerce. The following eligibility criteria have been laid down for making selection to the post
(i) The Officer must have been em panelled to hold Joint Secretary or equivalent posts at the Centre.
(ii) The officer should be at least 3 batches below the batch next to be considered for empanelment at the Additional Secretary level.
(iii) The officer must have worked for at least 2 years at the Centre under Central Staffing Scheme.
(iv) The selected officer will not be permitted to take up foreign assignment, or study leave, or training till the expiry of the assignment.
(v) The officer must be below 54 years as on the date of vacancy.
(vi) The officer should not have been on an assignment to foreign/captive post of the Government of India earlier.
(vii) The officer should not be under debarment from Central deputation.
(viii) The officer should be clear from vigilance angle and their integrity certified.
(ix) The officer should have prior working experience of Commerce or Agriculture or Industry in the State Government or in the Government of India; experience in an Economic Ministry of the Government.
Government Desirable qualifications
(i) Experience in bilateral/international negotiations/cooperation.
2. It is requested that the names of the officers, who possess the mandatory qualification/experience, as stated above, may be sent to this Department along with their detailed bio-data, CR dossiers of the officers, their vigilance clearance and integrity certificate, within a period of four weeks of issue of this letter.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
1. Department of Commerce (Ms. Rita A Teaotia, Secretary), W.r.t DO No. 10/1/2016-TAITC dated 04.03.2016, New Delhi.
2. Technical Director, NIC, Computer Cell, DOPT, North Block, New Delhi for uploading this vacancy circular on the official website of this Department.
3. Deputy Secretary (MM), DoPT, New Delhi with a request to arrange to upload this
vacancy circular through bulk e-mailing system of officers.