Feedback of MACP Joint Committee meeting held on 27.7.2012 – NFIR
Meeting of the Joint Committee on MACPs Anomalies
As decided in the National Anomaly Committee Meeting held on 17/07/2012, the DOPT held separate meeting with the Leaders of Staff Side at North Block, New Delhi, Room No. 190 on 27/07/2012. Shri.M.Raghavaiah, General Secretary, NFIR has participated in the meeting.
Discussions were held on following issues:-
1. Grant of MACP in the promotional hierarchy :-
The staff side insisted that option be given to individual employees in this regard to facilitate him/her to opt for availing benefit of financial upgradation.
After discussion it was agreed to examine in depth for finding solution.
2. Date of effect of MACP Scheme :
The desirability of giving effect to the MACP Scheme w.e. f. 01.01.2006 will be examined.
3. Counting of total temporary status Casual Labour Service reckoning 10/20/30 years under MACP Scheme:
Official Side stated that this will be processed separately.
4. Treatment of employees selected under LDCE/GDCE Scheme:
In the light of the instructions issued when the ACP Scheme was introduced. The same policy be adopted and accordingly orders will be issued. In other words, those inducted through LDCE/GDCE Scheme, such induction may be counted as appointment and will be reckoned as promotion.
5. Problems faced in the identical Grade Pay:
It was agreed to issue instructions for granting additional increment for fixation of Pay in case of promotion to the same Grade Pay. Instructions in this regard will be issued to Ministry of Railways etc .
6. Financial Upgradation Under MACPs, in the case of staff who joined another unit/organisation on request:
The Staff Side has pointed out that OM dated 01/11/2010 should be suitably Amended covering the staff who were transferred on request on reversion to the Unit/Organisation so that the total service rendered in the previous Unit/Organisation may be counted for MACPs. It was agreed to be considered.
7. Extension of benefit of MACPS to an employee appointed in Grade where direct recruitment element is there while ignoring service and promotion rendered prior to his appointment in that post:
Official Side reiterated that suitable clarification No. 5 of OM dated 09/09/2012 was already issued.
8. Stepping up of Pay of Senior incumbents at par with Junior incumbents as a consequence of ACP/MACPs :
Staff Side has explained the case of gross injustice done, more particularly in the Accounts Department of India” Railways wherein the incumbents who cleared the Appendix examination are drawing less pay than those who could not qualify the said examination and got the benefit of MACPs. The staff side insisted that this situation is leading to de-motivation among qualified staff and urged for rectifying the anomalies. It was agreed to consider and Ministry of Railways advised to send the proposal
9. Employees who got one promotion prior to 01/09/2008 and completed over two decades of service without benefit of promotion and are denied third ACP under MACPs:
After discussion, official side agreed that is a peculiar situation and assured to take action to rectify the situation. The staff side has insisted that in such cases third ACP should be straight away given to staff from the date subsequent to the date of completion of two decades of service after promotion. Official side appreciated the logic and reasonableness and agreed to considered.
Official Side apPft’Cialcd the logic and reawnablencss and agreed to consider.
10. Modification of recruitment rules particularly in Railways and upgradation granted by abolition of Pay Scale-Implementation of MACPs :
The Staff Side explained that in the Railways the lower Pay Scales were abolished and posts were upgraded to the higher Pay Scales with revision of recruitment qualification and designation. In such cases the staff side insisted that entry Grade Pay as a result of upgradation subsequent to abolition of lower Pay Scales should be taken into consideration for reckoning 10/20/30 years of service for granting MACP.
Official side has agreed to obtain detials from Ministry of Railways for issuing appropriate clarification. In the meanwhile, Railway Board will have discussion with the Staff Side separately so that appropritate proposal could be sent to the DoP&T.
11. Placement of staff as a result of upgradation of posts :
The Staff side (NFIR) insisted that such placements should not be considered as promotion for the purpose of grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme.
Official side stated that this will be examined.
12. In the course of discussion the Official Side also stated that MACP Scheme should be a fall-back option and the Ministries should conduct Cadre Restructuring for ensuring that the staff could be promoted within the reasonable time i.e. within 10 years. When the Staff Side pointed out that the Ministry of Railways is citing the instructions of Ministry of Finance issued some years back that only one third of the Cadre could be disturbed, for revising the percentages, the Official Side clarified that necessary clarificatory instructions will be issued to the Ministry of Railways etc., so that the Cadre Restructuring can be done without problems.