Ministry of Home Affairs
Facilities to CAPF Personnel
06 MAR 2018
The total number of CAPFs & AR personnel posted in the country, force-wise as on 31.01.2018 is as under :-
||Number of personnel posted
As per information received from CAPFs & AR, 4202 personnel died during service and on duty due to non-combat causes during the last three years and current year upto 31.01.2018.
CAPFs & AR personnel and officers (upto the rank of Commandant, who are deployed in field formation only) are entitled to Ration Money Allowance @ Rs. 97.85 per head per day.
The details of facilities provided to CAPF personnel is as per details given below:
- Continuous endeavours are made to improve the living conditions of the CAPF personnel, including enhancing the level of their housing satisfaction and appropriate budgetary allocations are also made for this purpose.
- Forces have taken adequate steps to provide potable drinking water to its troops and families even in remotest areas. Borewells in permanent locations, water supplies from State Water bodies, installing commercial Reverse Osmosis (RO) system and water-harvesting are some of the measures undertaken by the forces for providing water.
- CAPF personnel deployed at borders are provided with barrack accommodation with cook house, dining hall and toilet blocks. In harsh areas, integrated composite building with central heating and freeze proof toilets are provided. Medical facilities, Air Courier Services, dedicated rail coaches in some major trains, Central Police Canteen, recreation and transit camp facilities are also available to the personnel deployed at borders.
- Ex-gratia lump-sum compensation @ Rs.35 lakhs for death on active duty and Rs.25 Lakhs for death on duty, as the case may be, is entitled to the Next of Kin of the deceased personnel.
- Under the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme, amount @ Rs.2250/- pm for girls and Rs.2000/- pm for boys is being released to the wards of serving/retired CAPFs, AR and NSG personnel. Prime Minister Scholarship is admissible to 1000 girls and 1000 boys.
- 5% vacancies are reserved in Group ‘C&’ for compassionate appointments for NoK of the deceased personnel.
- There is a reservation in MBBS and BDS seats for the wards of CAPFs & AR personnel in Medical Colleges.
- Central Police Canteens are functioning at various locations in the country.
- A Welfare & Rehabilitation Board has been established for the welfare and rehabilitation of CAPF & AR personnel and their families including disabled personnel.
- The NOKs of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel who sacrificed their lives for the cause of nation are eligible for ‘Operational Casualty Certificate’.
- The Government has accepted the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) on various allowances, inter alia, Risk & Hardship Allowance, Dress Allowance, Additional Free Railway Warrant/LTC, etc.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju in a written reply to question in the Lok Sabha today.