DoP – Post Office Saving Schemes including Certificates – DOP(SB ORDER NO. 05/2019)
SB ORDER NO. 05/2019
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
All Heads of Circles/Regions
Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi.
Subject:- Amendments to Rule 60(4)(B) and Rule 165(4)(ii) of POSB(CBS) Manual, Rule 87(4) (ii)POSB Manual Volume I and Rule 50(4)(ii) of POSB Manual Volume II regarding change in powers of various authorities to sanction deceased claim cases and their time line in respect of Post Office Savings Schemes, including Certificates, where no nomination is registered and there is no legal evidence available/produced.
Sir / Madam,
The undersigned is directed to say that the competent authority has decided to amend the text of the aforesaid rules with immediate effect.
Revised Text of Rule is as given below.
“The authorities mentioned below are competent to sanction claims without production of legal evidence up to the limit noted against each, after expiry of Six (6) Months from the date of death of the depositor, if no succession certificate or probate of will or letter of administration of the deceased estate is produced during the period or up to the date of sanction.”
Name of Authority
- Time Scale Departmental Sub-Postmasters – Limit Rs.5000
- Sub Postmasters in Lower Selection Grade/PM Grade-1 – Limit Rs.10,000
- Sub-Postmasters/DeputyPostmasters/Postmasters in Higher Selection Grade (all Non Gazetted)/PM Grade -II and III* – Limit Rs.25,000
- Deputy Postmasters/Senior Postmasters/Deputy ChiefPostmasters/Superintendent of PostOffices/Deputy
Superintendent of Post Offices (All Gazetted Group-B) – Limit Rs.1,00,000
5.Chief Postmasters in GPO/Head Offices, Senior Superintendents of Post Offices (All Gazetted Group-A) – Limit Rs.2,50,000
- Director HQ/Regional Directors/ Director (GPO) – Limit Rs.3,75,000
- Chief Postmasters General/Postmasters General – Limit Rs.5,00,000
2. It is requested that this SB order may be circulated to all concerned including CBS/non-CBS Post Offices. In case where claims are not yet submitted or claims are already submitted but not yet sanctioned, these revised provisions should be made applicable.
This issues with the approval of competent authority.
( Devendra Sharma )
Assistant Director (SB)