Creating job opportunities and facilitating generation of employment has been at the core of our policy-making. During the last three years, we have taken a number of steps to boost employment generation in the country. These measures include:-
- Contribution of 8.33% of Employee Provident Fund (EPF) for new employees by the Government for three years.
- Contribution of 12% to EPF for new employees for three years by the Government in sectors employing large number of people like textile, leather and footwear.
- Additional deduction to the employees of 30% of the wages paid for new employees under the Income Tax Act.
- Launch of National Apprenticeship Scheme with stipend support and sharing of the cost of basic training by the Government to give training to 50 lakh youth by 2020.
- Introducing system of fixed term employment for apparel and footwear sector.
- Increasing paid maternity leave from 12 weeks to 26 weeks, along with provision of creches.