Clarification regarding list of hospitals/laboratories for conducting special medical examinations consequent on enhancement of sum assured limit in r/o PLI
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Directorate of Postal Life Insurance
25-3/2003-LI (Vol II)
Dated 25 February 2015
Subject: Clarification regarding list of hospitals/laboratories for conducting special medical examinations consequent on enhancement of sum assured limit in r/o PLI
This has reference to para 4 & 14 of this Directorate letter of even number dated 12.01.2015 regarding ‘Enhancement of sum assured to 50 lakhs in r/o PLI.
2. The Circles are raising doubts regarding process of conducting special medical examination of proponent opting for higher sum assured policies i.e. more than Rs. 20 lacs and authorised medical doctors, hospitals and dispensaries for special medical examination of these proponents. In this regard, it is clarified that special medical examinations may be conducted at any hospital/laboratory approved by CGHS, Central/State Government or at any specialized hospital at CGHS rate.
3. Status of Medical Officer conducting medical examination of proposer(s) based on special medical reports should be as under:-
i) Civil Surgeon, Medical Officers in the employment of Government enjoying the status not lower than that of a Civil Surgeon or Chief Medical Officer, nearest to the place of duty of the proponent. CMO Grade I/Specialist Grade II shall also be considered as equivalent to the rank of Civil Surgeon.
ii) Medical Officer (Allopathic) equivalent to Civil Surgeon employed in Central and State Government, Public Sector undertaking both State and Centre with at least 10 years experience, nearest to the place of duty of the proponent.
iii) Retired Civil Surgeon, CMO Grade I and Specialist Grade
4. Revised LI-24 (Proposal Form) for PLI proposals exceeding sum assured limit of Rs. 20 lac is being revised and will follow.
5. This has approval of CGM (PLI).
Addl. General Manager (B&I)
1. All Chief Postmasters General/Addl. D.G. APS
2. All Regional Postmasters General
3. All PTCs/CEPT Mysore
4. PPS to Secretary(P) / Member(PLI) / Member(P)/Member(Tech) / Member (HRD) / Member (Plg)
5. PS to JS&FA/All DDGs in Dak Bhawan
6. DPLI Kolkata/Sr.Tech. Director NIC, DoP
7. Officers in PLI Directorate
8. Guard File.