Calendar of Departmental Examinations scheduled to be held in the year 2018-19
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001
Dated: 12 April, 2018
1. All Heads of Circles,
2. The Additional Director General, APS, New Delhi
Sub: Calendar of Departmental Examinations scheduled to be held in the year 2018-19.
Please find enclosed Calendar of Departmental Examinations (Decentralized) to be held in the year 2018-19.
2. The Circles will conduct the Decentralized Examinations as per the enclosed schedule. Necessary instructions for setting of question papers will be issued separately by this Section. The Notification of holding of examination and calling for applications shall have to be issued by Circles well in advance as per the prescribed time-limit of 40 days and the number of vacancies must accurately be worked out category-wise for the Decentralized Examinations. In case where no vacancy exists or the examination is not likely to be held for any other reason(s) as decided by the Circle, the fact should clearly be mentioned in the forwarding letter while circulating the Calendar of Examinations to the subordinate units. This may also be brought to the notice of this Directorate.
3. A standard format for notification is being issued separately for the guidance of Circles.
4. It may be noted that conducting of Decentralized Examinations involves entire work of paper setting (as mentioned in para-2 above), Hindi translation, moderation, appointment of examiners, evaluation of answer scripts, drawing of tabulation sheets, declaration of result and responding to representations/RTI applications relating to the examinations and all these activities are to be carried out at the Circle level (Details of paper setters in respect of certain examinations will be issued separately).
5. It may also be ensured that the Time Schedule, as indicated in the enclosure is strictly to be adhered to and timely action should be taken at all stages. Result should be declared within the prescribed period. In case of delay in the announcement of result, the reasons for delay and the remedial measures that can be taken to curb such delays in future may be brought to the notice of the Directorate.
6. Contents of this letter may be circulated to all subordinate units for information of all concerned.
7. Calendar of Centralized Examinations will be issued separately in due course.
8. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
(M L Dhar)
Assistant Director General (DE)
Calendar of Decentralized Examinations: 2018-19
||Name of the Examination
||Confirmation Examination for Direct Recruit Jr.
Accountants in PAOs
|26th & 27thMay, 2018
||PO & RMS Accountant Examination
||03th June, 2018
||LDCs to Junior Accountants in PAOs
||09th & 10th June, 2018
||LGOs Examination for promotion to Assistants of other wings i.e. MMS, Foreign Post, RLO, Stores Depot and CO/RO
||17th June, 2018
||Departmental Examination for promotion of Sorters and MTS to LDCs in PAOs
||24th June, 2018
||Departmental Examination for promotion of MTS qualified (12th Class passed or equivalent) to LDCs in PAOs.
||01St July, 2018
||Postman/Mail Guard Examination for all elements of quota (DR/Departmental)
||May be held in the
August / September, 2018
||Multi-Tasking Staff for all elements of quota (DR/Departmental)
||May be held in the month of
August / September, 2018