Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Cadre Restructuring of physiotherapists
12 JUL 2019
A committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Dr. B. D. Athani, Principal Consultant, Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family welfare on cadre restructuring of Physiotherapists of four Central Government Hospitals of Delhi i.e. Safdarjung Hospital, Dr. Ram ManoharLohia Hospital, Smt. SuchetaKriplani Hospital and Kalawati Saran Children Hospital. The Terms of Reference (TOR) of the Committee are as under:
- To review the structure of Physiotherapy Cadre in Safdarjung Hospital, Dr, RML Hospital, Lady Hardinge Medical College and SSK and Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital along with the feeder cadre, so as to harmonise the functional need with the legitimate career expectations of its members.
- To assess the magnitude of stagnation in various grade and suggest remedial measure, both short term and long term and to reduce promotional blocks and at the same time prevent gaps from building up.
- To suggest measures to enhance the effectiveness of service and capacity building of the staff.
- To take view and suggestion of the stakeholders i.e. participation Hospitals, its Union and Members of the service for cadre review.
- To Examine any issue as referred to it by the Hospitals.
- To review the Physiotherapy Cadre in these Hospitals keeping in view of the increased work load.
The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), ShAshwini Kumar Choubey stated this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha here today.