Cadre Restructuring of Group “C” Postal Employees: Agreement signed by union
MEETING OF COMMITTEE CONSTITUTED ON CADRE RESTRUCTURING OF GROUP ‘C’ EMPLOYEES HELD ON 28th APRIL 2014 IN ROOM NO.347-D, DAK BHAWAN, SANSAD MARG, NEW DELHI.
The Committee constituted by the Department on cadre restructuring of Group
‘C’ employees vide No. 25-04/2012-PE I dated 23′ Oct 2013 held its final discussions on 28 April 2014 at 1100 hours under the Chairmanship of Shri V.P. Singh, DDG (Personnel). The following were present:-
|1. Shri V.P. Singh, DDG (P) — Chairman
2. Shri Alok Saxena, Secretary PSB — Member
3. Ms. TrishaIA Sethi, DDG (E) — Member
4. Sh. Surender Kumar, ADO (PCC) — Member Secretary
|1. General Secretary, AIPEU, Group ‘C’
2. General Secretary, NAPE, Group ‘C’
3. General Secretary, AIRMS & MMS, Group ‘C’
4. General Secretary, NU RMS & MMS Group ‘C’
5. General Secretary, AIPEU, Postman & MTS
6. General Secretary, NUPE, Postman &
2. The Committee had earlier met on 27th Nov 2013, 04th & 05th Feb 2014 and had detailed discussions.
3. The representatives of the Staff side informed that Postal Assistant cadre officials are getting promotions in promotional hierarchy to Grade Pay of Rs. 2800/- [PB-1] in Lower Selection Grade at a time when they are already placed in the Grade Pays’ of Rs. 4200/- [PB-2] or Rs. 4600/-[PB-2] on award of financial upgradation(s) under MACPS. Taking note of this factual position and detailed discussions, the following recommendations in respect to the cadre restructuring of Group ‘C’ employees were agreed to:-
(a) The post of SPMs in Single Handed Post Offices and Double Handed Post Offices will be placed in the Grade Pay of Rs.2800/- in the Pay Band PB-I.
(b) The post of Sub Postmasters in Triple Handed Post Offices and all other existing norm based HSG Posts in Post Offices will be placed in the Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- in the Pay Band PB-II.
(c) All existing posts in HSG-II will be placed in the Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- in the Pay Band PB-II along with the existing HSG 1 Posts.
(d) After the implementation of the above restructuring/the officials in the Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/-, who have completed 2 years of regular service, will be granted the Grade Pay of Rs. 4800/- in the Pay Band -II on non-functional basis after following the usual procedure of non-functional upgradation(s).
(e) Cadre ratio as per the agreed position mentioned at (a) to (d) above, will be worked out and the ratio so worked out will be replicated to the SA cadre of RMS, PA cadre of Circle & Administrative Offices as also to the PA cadre of SBCO.
(f) In respect of Postmaster Grade I, Grade II and Grade III Posts, once the recommendations of this Committee are implemented; the matter will be examined in the light of the same.
(g) In the light of peculiar situation of Postman/Mail Guard cadre where the work for bulk of the cadre continues to remain the same; as a special case the Committee recommends the ratios as worked out in pursuance of (e) above may be considered for implementation for these cadres as well and that the cadre so restructured may concurrently get the benefit of MACP also.
(h) MTS being a common cadre in all Central Government Ministries/Departments’ will be extended the same benefits as commonly decided for them.
AIPEU Group ‘C’
|(Giri Raj Singh)
All India RMS & MMS
Employee Union, Group ‘C’
AIPEU Postmen &
National Union of RMS &
MMS, Group ‘C’
National Union of Postal
Employees, Postmen &
Group D’/MTS (FNPO)
|(D. Kishan Rao)
National Association of Postal Employees,
Group ‘C’ (FNPO)
ADG (GDS/PCC) &
Deputy Director General
Deputy Director General
(V. P. Singh)
Deputy Director General (Personnel) &
Message by Secretary General, NFPE & FNPO on National Federation of Postal Employees blog:-
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATION
CENTRAL HEAD QUARTERS, NEWDELHI
* CADRE RESTRUCTURING AGREEMENT SIGNED *
At last after several round of protracted negotiations with the administration, JCM Staff side, Departmental council ( NFPE & FNPO) has signed the cadre restructuring proposal. The staff side has tried to the best of its ability to make maximum improvement in the proposal. In spite of our hard bargaining we could not achieve 100 percent success. Our demand for separate higher pay scale for PO& RMS Accountants, Creation of separate cadre for System Administrators or grant of special pay/allowance, bringing MTS also under cadre restructuring etc is not accepted by the administration. Regarding Postmaster Cadre after much bargaining, it is agreed to examine our claim for higher pay scale after the present proposal is approved by the government.
As Govt has already appointed 7th CPC and the Pay Commission has already published the questionnaire, any further delay in completing the cadre restructuring will adversely affect the interest of Postal employees. We will take up the remaining issues, which are not agreed by the administration in the cadre restructuring committee with the 7thCPC in our memorandum and make one more effort to get a favourable recommendation.
Taking into consideration all the above aspects and also keeping in mind the larger interest of the employees, we have decided to sign the agreement
Copy of the agreement is published below (**Text of agreement reproduced – see above**)
The Salient features of the agreement are as follows :
1. Number of LSG posts will increase from 8 % to 22 %
2. Number of HSG II posts will increase from 2 % to 12 %
3. Number of HSG I posts will increase from 1.5 % to 4 %
4. After completion of 2 years in HSG I the official will be promoted to 4800 GP (Non-functional Basis)
5. The above proposal will be applicable to RMS, Circle Office and SBCO in the same ratio
6. Postman/Mail guard will get the same ratio of promotion.
The present proposal is to be approved by Postal Board, DoPT & Finance Ministry. We will make all out effort to get the proposal implemented at an early date.