BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme Implementation 2019 and timely settlement of pension cases
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Govt. of India Enterprise)Corporate Office
Pension Section, 5th floor
Bharat Sanchar Bhawan
H.C. Mathur Lane
All Heads of Circles/ Telecom Districts/ Regions/ Projects/
Telecom Stores/ Telecom Factories & Other Administrative Offices
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Sub: Implementation of BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme, 2019 – Augmentation of staff strength in Pension Cells in Circles and other administrative units for smooth and timely settlement of pension cases.
I am directed to invite your kind attention to this office letter no. 1-15/2009-PAT (BSNL) dated 04.11.2019 regarding introduction and implementation of BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme, 2019.
As per the said scheme, employees aged 50 years or above are eligible to opt for voluntary retirement w.e.f. 31.01.2020 and it is expected that a sizable number of eligible employees would be opting for voluntary retirement under the scheme. Consequently, the workload of the pension settlement units in circles and other administrative units are expected to increase manifold. Moreover, some of the eligible employees who are presently posted in pension settlement units may also opt for voluntary retirement under the scheme. It would, therefore, be necessary to arrange for suitable substitutes for such employees for maintaining continuity
In view of above, you are requested to ensure posting of suitable and sufficient number of Executives/ Non-Executives in sections handling pension settlement in Circle/ SSA at the earliest, so that the newly posted employees could be accustomed with the nature of work and pension cases can be processed and settled in timely manner.
(Sheo Shankar Prasad)
Dy. General Manager (Estt.-l)
BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme 2019
Also check: VOLUNTARY RETIREMENT SCHEME FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Eligibility Criteria :-
All regular employees, both absorbed and directly recruited, of BSNL who attains 50 years or above as on effective date of VRS, ie 31/01/2020, are eligible.
2. Important Dates :-
- Start of option : 04/11/2019
- Closing of option : 03/12/2019 up to 1730 hrs.
3. Benefits :-
- Ex-gratia- 35 days salary for each completed year of service+25 days salary for each year of service left, until superannuation, provided further ex-gratia shall not exceed the salary he/she would have drawn at the existing level for the service period left.
- For employees absorbed in BSNL under Rule 37A, ex-gratia shall be restricted to the amount which taken together with the pension that the employee would be drawing for the balance period left till superannuation. Provided further that the ex-gratia shall not exceed 125% of the salary of the employee would have drawn at the existing level for service period left.
4. Employees opting VRS are entitled for the terminal & other benefits under existing rules as below:-
i. For Absorbed employees :-
» Pension /Family Pension from the next day of effective date of VRS
» Retirement Gratuity :-
- For employees above 59 years- within one month from the date of attaining 60 years
- For employees 55 and below – in February 2025.
» Incase of death of the retired employee before due date of payment of gratuity , the amount shall be released immediately to family along with interest.
» Simple interest @GPF rates (currently 7.9%) will be paid till the date of release of gratuity
ii. For BSNL Recruited employees and those appointed under Rule 37, gratuity shall be paid without deferment.
iii. Commutation of Pension :-
Full pension will be paid till the employee opt for commutation as below:-
» For employees above 50 years- on attaining 60 years
» For employees 59 and below- on 01/02/2025.
iv. Encashment of EL /HPL, TA/DA to place of settlement after VRS, Retention of staff quarters, RTC, Post-retirement medical facilities allowed as per existing rules and procedures, amended from time to time.
5. The eligible employees are required to login to the ERP / ESS portal for exercising his option for seeking voluntary retirement under the BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme -2019. Physical copies in triplicate signed in blue ink by the employee concerned shall be submitted to the administrative office concerned, within three days of giving option in ESS.
The option once exercised under this Scheme shall be final and decision of the competent authority shall be binding on the employee(s). Provided that the employee(s) will be allowed to withdraw the option only once at any time till the closing time and date of option.
6. A help desk has been opened in Circle Office at 6 floor, C wing with CAO(FA). Eligible and interested employees can contact the help desk at 022-49780294, during normal office hours for assistance.