Amendment in Administrative Tribunals Act – Jurisdiction of Benches of Central Administrative Tribunal
Notification under sub-section (1) of section 18 of the Administrative Tribunals Act, 1985 specifying jurisdiction of Benches of Central Administrative Tribunal.
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 23rd September, 2014
G.S.R. 683(E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (I) of Section 18 of the Administrative Tribunals Act, 1985 (13 of 1985), the Central Government hereby makes the following further amendment in the Notification of the Government of India in the erstwhile Ministry of Persormel and Training, Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and Pensions vide No. G.S.R. 610(E) elated the 26th July, 1985, namely :—
2. In the said Notification, for the Table, the following Table shall be substituted, namely.—
S. No. Bench Jurisdiction of the Bench
(1) (2) (3)
1. Principal Bench (New Delhi) National Capital Territory of Delhi
2. Ahmedabad Bench State of Gujarat
3. Allahabad Bench (i) State of Uttar Pradesh excluding the Districts mentioned against serial number 4 under the jurisdiction of Lucknow Bench.(ii) State of Uttaranchal
4. Lucknow Bench Districts of Lucnow, Hardoi, Kheri, Rai-Bareli, Sitapur, Unnao, Faizabad,Ambedkar Nagar, Baharaich,Shravasti, Barabanki, Gonda, Balrampur, Pratapgarh, Sultanpur in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
5. Bangaluru Bench State of Karnataka
6. Kolkata Bench (i) State of Sikkim.(ii) State of West Bengal.(iii) Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
7. Chandigarh Bench (i) State of Jammu and Kashmir.(ii) State of Haryana.(iii) State of Himachal Pradesh.
(iv) State of Punjab.
(v) Union Territory of Chandigarh.
8. Cuttack Bench State of Odisha
9. Ernakulam Bench (i) State of Kerala.(ii) Union Territory of Lakshadweep.
10. Guwahati Bench (i) State of Assam.(ii) State of Manipur.(iii) State of Meghalaya.
(iv) State of Nagaland.
(v) State of Tripura.
(vi) State of Arunachal Pradesh.
(vii) State of Mizoram.
11. Hyderabad Bench (i) State of Andhra Pradesh.(ii) State of Telangana.
12. Jabalpur Bench (i) State of Madhya Pradesh(ii) State of Chhattisgarh.
13. Jodhpur Bench State of Rajasthan excluding the Districts mentioned against serial number14 under the jurisdiction of Jaipur Bench
14. Jaipur Bench Districts of Ajmer, Alwar, Baran, Bharatpur, Bundi, Dausa, Dholpur, Jaipur, Jhallawar, Jhunjhunu,Kota, Sawai Madhopur, Sikar, Tonk and Karauli in the State of Rajasthan.
15. Chennai Bench (i) State of Tamil Nadu(ii) Union Territory of Puducherry.
16. Mumbai Bench (i) State of Maharashtra(ii) State of Goa(iii) Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
(iv) Union Territory of Daman and Diu.
17. Patna Bench (i) State of Bihar.(ii) State of Jharkhand.
#Amendments, #CAT, #Central Administrative Tribunal, #DOPT, #Dopt Orders , #Amendment Orders, #DOPT Circulars