7th Pay Commission – Qualification Pay renamed as Railway Accounts Examination Allowance
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
PC-VII No. 125
RBE No. 02/2019
New Delhi, dated 03.02.2019
No, E(P&A)I-2012/SP-1 /Genl-1
The General Managers and Principal financial Advisers,
All IndIan Railways & ProductIon Units.
Sub: Implementation of recommendations of Seventh central pay commission accepted by the Government – Qualification Pay renamed as Railway Accounts Examination Allowance.
Consequent upon the decisions taken by the government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission relating 10 revision of allowances. It has been dedded to change Ihe nomenclature of Qualification Pay to Railway Accounts Examination Allowance. The rates of Railway Accounts Examination Allowance (erstwhile Qualification Pay) are revised as under:
|Category||Existing Rates||Revised Rates|
|Clerks Gr.II (Accounts Clerks)/Typists on passing App-II Examination||Rs.180 pm||Rs.405 pm|
|Sr. Accounts Assistant/Accounts Assitant/Stock Verifier Typists/ Stenographer on passing App-III Examination||First Year||Rs.240 pm||Rs.540 pm|
|Second Year||Rs.420 pm||Rs.945 pm|
2. The amount of Railway Accounts Examination Allowance will further rise by 25 percent each time DA rises by 50 percent.
3. This aIIowance will not be treated as a part of pay for the purpose of fixation of pay in promotion to next higher post.
4. The revised rates of this allowance shall be admissible with effect from the 1st July, 2017.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Please acknowledge receipt.
(N P Singh)